News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 07, 2012, 07:20:52 AM
A minute ago I was wearing my treasured cardboard crown from Burger King. Now I'm not and I do not, for the life of me, know where it went or how it escaped my head. The part of my hair that isn't tightly tied down is a peculiar cross between tentacles and curls right now, which makes a casual tumble unlikely.

Look in the bathroom? Or maybe the fridge.

I do that ALL THE TIME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 03:13:40 PM
Lift cancelled because of EVERYTHING IS FUCKED.

Anyway, I've had it up to my bottom lip with Holist.  Every time we start getting something moving here, asshole shows up and derails everything.  I can't holler at anyone for responding to him, because I do it myself...But writing here has become about as much fun as writing on 23AE, with the Uncle BadTouch family trolls shitting all over everything.

I am open to suggestions.

I would suggest a pledge, but we've proven over and over again that the members here, for whatever reason, are no longer mentally or emotionally capable of maintaining a pledge for even a few hours. Or perhaps they simply don't understand what "pledge" means, or what the purpose of it is. Or, possibly, they like holist and enjoy having him around, so they prefer to encourage him by responding rather than run the risk that he get bored of being ignored and go away.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I dunno what's up with that, but I manage to ignore pretty much everyone on my shit list very effectively.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 07, 2012, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 03:13:40 PM
Lift cancelled because of EVERYTHING IS FUCKED.

Anyway, I've had it up to my bottom lip with Holist.  Every time we start getting something moving here, asshole shows up and derails everything.  I can't holler at anyone for responding to him, because I do it myself...But writing here has become about as much fun as writing on 23AE, with the Uncle BadTouch family trolls shitting all over everything.

I am open to suggestions.

I would suggest a pledge, but we've proven over and over again that the members here, for whatever reason, are no longer mentally or emotionally capable of maintaining a pledge for even a few hours. Or perhaps they simply don't understand what "pledge" means, or what the purpose of it is. Or, possibly, they like holist and enjoy having him around, so they prefer to encourage him by responding rather than run the risk that he get bored of being ignored and go away.

I know I really can't ignore the prick, for the sole reason that he picks someone he thinks is vulnerable and then dumps on them (imagine what life is like for his GF?  One wife already escaped him).  In particular, he's got a bone for Twid, following him around and telling him his music sucks (it doesn't), as it is "poorly written and executed".

He does this because he knows Twid's had a rough time.  He is therefore trying to make Twid upset, and to one degree or another, it seems to be working.

Holist is a parasite.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, place is empty.

Off to do some offline writing I owe Nigel.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Still dead.

I'm going to go find Pagans to fuck with.  I leave you in the capable hands of holist.

Nephew Twiddleton

Nah- he doesnt really upset me. Im just a little incredulous at the criticisms he has made about the music. Hes a pretty princess feeling a pea through several mattresses i think. Plus i get chatty when i drink. But otherwise im pretty secure about my music.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ho|ist on December 07, 2012, 06:04:54 PM
Nah- he doesnt really upset me. Im just a little incredulous at the criticisms he has made about the music. Hes a pretty princess feeling a pea through several mattresses i think.

No, he's deliberately trying to rattle you, to attack your self confidence.

Nephew Twiddleton

I agree. Hes not going to be able to though. If i wasnt secure with it i wouldnt be doing it live.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ho|ist on December 07, 2012, 06:11:05 PM
I agree. Hes not going to be able to though. If i wasnt secure with it i wouldnt be doing it live.

Good to hear it.  If there's no harm done, then it becomes funny.  He's essentially a hipster ARTISTE(!) whimpering about how everyone's doing it wrong.

Nephew Twiddleton

Juana

I just slept fourteen hours. Shit yes.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 07, 2012, 07:20:52 AM
The part of my hair that isn't tightly tied down is a peculiar cross between tentacles and curls right now, which makes a casual tumble unlikely.

WTF?

I have never understood why women think mussed hair is un-sexy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 07, 2012, 06:55:55 PM

My envy is a truck.  A giant truck that drives over cars in the arena, then up into the stands while the po'buckers scream and run around in a futile attempt to avoid the giant studded wheels.

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 06:59:18 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 07, 2012, 06:55:55 PM

My envy is a truck.  A giant truck that drives over cars in the arena, then up into the stands while the po'buckers scream and run around in a futile attempt to avoid the giant studded wheels.
:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."