Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 09:49:44 PM
Quote from: Alty on December 19, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
Wow.

So, I have this different rate plan for massage than most people. Mostly because I cannot bill insurance and would like to help the uninsured afford to live pain free lives as well.

I charge $85 for the first massage in the month, and then that person (and one other person the choose spouse, SO, whatever) pay $35 per massage for the rest of the month for as many as they want.

This is an average savings of $110 per month. I take a big drop in profits, but I'm not really in it for that. Plus, i could charge $2000 for a massage, but it doesn't do me a dick-bit of good if no-one buys a single one. I get a lot of repeats this way. I stole the idea from a massage franchise company that pays their LMTs $10 per hour. HA!

Anyway, the point is this:
I just had a client cancel because they thought I said it was $35 for a whole month's worth of massage and realized their error. :lol: WTH?

People are DUMB.

I responded with, yeah I actually can't eat that way.

To which they replied, I don't know what that means.

So, I think you may be on to something.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im remembering now that one of the administrative assistants said at the party that it feels like friday. Now im going to be excited about friday time tonight and tomorrow even though its not. Then i will be much disappoint.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on December 19, 2012, 10:07:39 PM
So, I guess my cousin's oldest boy was taken away from her (by Child Protective Services, I am assuming) and given to his father at some point since Thanksgiving.  Now Dad and wife don't want the boy anymore, and my aunt is at some sort of emergency meeting trying to get the boy back into my cousin's custody.

Let me repeat that.  They DO NOT WANT him.

Two or three whole weeks, man.  ERHMAHGERB, PARENTING IS SOOOOO HAAAAARD.

That makes me want to punch things, and also makes me so unbelievably fucking sad for that kid.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hirley0 on December 19, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
I have to go downtown today, and the threat of "snow" is hovering.

At least I'm taking the streetcar. I may have to stand in the cold for an hour as that thing follows no discernible schedule, but at least if it "snows" I won't die.

Does it actually snow in Portland, or does it just fall from the sky as polluted, grey slush?

THERE IS A BLACK CAR WITH ITS LIGHTS ON
followed by a blue car with its lights off
headed down Salmon st for the River
and only the sound of 1 chopper
in the sky: no sign of snow at 1:
Wind seams to be blowing
from the south? down 10th
twards Burnside. chopper
in close approach | oh My
well i ..

:scared:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on December 19, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
Wow.

So, I have this different rate plan for massage than most people. Mostly because I cannot bill insurance and would like to help the uninsured afford to live pain free lives as well.

I charge $85 for the first massage in the month, and then that person (and one other person the choose spouse, SO, whatever) pay $35 per massage for the rest of the month for as many as they want.

This is an average savings of $110 per month. I take a big drop in profits, but I'm not really in it for that. Plus, i could charge $2000 for a massage, but it doesn't do me a dick-bit of good if no-one buys a single one. I get a lot of repeats this way. I stole the idea from a massage franchise company that pays their LMTs $10 per hour. HA!

Anyway, the point is this:
I just had a client cancel because they thought I said it was $35 for a whole month's worth of massage and realized their error. :lol: WTH?

Your client is a goddamn idiot.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on December 19, 2012, 10:07:39 PM
So, I guess my cousin's oldest boy was taken away from her (by Child Protective Services, I am assuming) and given to his father at some point since Thanksgiving.  Now Dad and wife don't want the boy anymore, and my aunt is at some sort of emergency meeting trying to get the boy back into my cousin's custody.

Let me repeat that.  They DO NOT WANT him.

Two or three whole weeks, man.  ERHMAHGERB, PARENTING IS SOOOOO HAAAAARD.

Jesus fuck.  :x

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

hirley0

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 20, 2012, 06:58:41 AM
O.O

Mostly i agree /-/oWever i can NOT recall Y at the moment

LIGHTS ON followed by a blue c

yeah: now i REMember that Salmon
when i first read this thread
TODAY .. i thought it was a dozen blocks south
bac2_1:23

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: hirley0 on December 20, 2012, 08:23:16 AM
O.O

Lot of crazy stuff going on, that happens all the time, but every once in awhile you just gotta stare and think 'WTF?' before going along your daily routine.

Salmon, if you believe certain Native Americans, is supposed to be a very wise critter.

When I woke up today I thought it was last week, that's sorta the same thing, right?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 20, 2012, 11:06:21 AM
Quote from: hirley0 on December 20, 2012, 08:23:16 AM
O.O

Lot of crazy stuff going on, that happens all the time, but every once in awhile you just gotta stare and think 'WTF?' before going along your daily routine.

Salmon, if you believe certain Native Americans, is supposed to be a very wise critter.

When I woke up today I thought it was last week, that's sorta the same thing, right?

Huh. THat's kinda cool. Finn MacCool got his magical powers of knowing after eating the Salmon of Knowledge.

(Which got their magical powers of knowing living in a particular magical well that had magical knowing hazelnuts drop into it. Don't ask me how the hazelnuts knew anything. It's magic. Well is now also known as the Shannon River because some chick named Shannon got too close and triggered its magical flooding and drowning powers. The Shannon River, near as I can tell, is no longer magical, unless airplanes are magic.)

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 06:44:24 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 06:42:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 06:14:42 PM
Every year, I try to explain to people who have just moved here from someplace where it actually snows. That stuff falling from the sky LOOKS like snow, but it doesn't really snow here. Sometimes people have to be here a few years before they experience it because it doesn't happen every year. I can't really describe what happens, except to say that as soon as it starts, people try to get home as fast as possible because everything can go really bad in the space of an hour.

Every winter, flying unicorns poop all over Portland.  While beautiful and spiritually invigorating, it makes the ground slippery, and causes people to drive like they've had 6 martinis for lunch.

:lulz: Something like that.

I have to admit that sometimes I kind of hope for freezing rain, so that I have an excuse to not go anywhere.

But I don't really hope for it, because the trees crushing things and the power outages and not having any heat in my house and having to live on whatever foods are in my pantry are not very fun.

Just think:  In Norway1, they have to live like that all the time.

1  It's a Northern suburb of Belgium.

In Norway we have to make our own skis out of discarded fire wood and ski 100 miles just to get drunk and have a fight. This is during the summer, mind.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Somewhere in NJ. This place is a damn mess. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

It's gonna be one of THOSE days, I see.

I think the problem is the time zone difference.  I'm writing shit 3 hours behind, so responses take 6 hours.  Like in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Comes from letting you fuckers have your own "time zones".  FOOLS!  Time runs at the same rate, no matter where on Earth you are (unless you're at the DMV or the doctor's office).  You People need to STANDARDIZE.  Get with the fucking program.  It is currently 9:03 AM.  Shut up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Hey does anyone know if theres a frequency that humans cant perceive but still makes them want to cover their ears?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ho|ist on December 20, 2012, 04:12:18 PM
Hey does anyone know if theres a frequency that humans cant perceive but still makes them want to cover their ears?

Yes.  It happens when I eat too much cheese.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.