PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 04:03:39 PM
It's gonna be one of THOSE days, I see.

I think the problem is the time zone difference.  I'm writing shit 3 hours behind, so responses take 6 hours.  Like in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Comes from letting you fuckers have your own "time zones".  FOOLS!  Time runs at the same rate, no matter where on Earth you are (unless you're at the DMV or the doctor's office).  You People need to STANDARDIZE.  Get with the fucking program.  It is currently 9:03 AM.  Shut up.

I think you will find, Sir, that time was invented in 1693 by Sir William of Clocke. Up until that moment people had just done things simultaneously, which made it impossible to queue in a suitably British fashion. In order to alleviate this problem the city of Greenwich was founded - which is why all proper time is expressed relative to GMT. Therefore it is currently 4 in the afternoon. Thank you.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Nephew Twiddleton

Time for tea in other words?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on December 20, 2012, 04:13:56 PM

I think the problem is the time zone difference.  I'm writing shit 3 hours behind, so responses take 6 hours.  Like in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Comes from letting you fuckers have your own "time zones".  FOOLS!  Time runs at the same rate, no matter where on Earth you are (unless you're at the DMV or the doctor's office).  You People need to STANDARDIZE.  Get with the fucking program.  It is currently 9:03 AM.  Shut up.

I think you will find, Sir, that time was invented in 1693 by Sir William of Clocke. Up until that moment people had just done things simultaneously, which made it impossible to queue in a suitably British fashion. In order to alleviate this problem the city of Greenwich was founded - which is why all proper time is expressed relative to GMT. Therefore it is currently 4 in the afternoon. Thank you.

It is ALWAYS 4 in the afternoon in England.  And RAINING. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Scribbly

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 04:18:07 PM

That's how we like it.

Grey and miserable makes the food fit in better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on December 20, 2012, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 04:18:07 PM

That's how we like it.

Grey and miserable makes the food fit in better.

Well, it DID, until you imported your official national food from India, and then fucked THAT up.  tikka masala?  WTF is that shit?  Have some rogan josh, for fuck's sake.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Scribbly

This reminds me that my dad belives curry is 'basically just a spicy stew' and so he insists on adding dumplings and mushrooms to all curry dishes.

Clearly we just know how to do curry better than those uppity natives.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on December 20, 2012, 04:33:34 PM
This reminds me that my dad belives curry is 'basically just a spicy stew' and so he insists on adding dumplings and mushrooms to all curry dishes.

Clearly we just know how to do curry better than those uppity natives.

That's nothing.  One of my crew decided one day that curried brussel sprouts were not only a good idea, but they'd be better warm, so he used the I&E lab microwave to heat them up.

I can't begin to describe the smell.

LMNO

Microwaved.  Curried.  Brussels sprouts.

The horror.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 20, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
Microwaved.  Curried.  Brussels sprouts.

The horror.

We had to ask to have the Geneva Convention amended.

Scribbly

:aaa:

Well, I've got a long shift until I get to eat. At least that mental image will ward hunger off.

Nephew Twiddleton

Having trouble staying awake. Might have to put on the heavy music soon.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

When i get back to fogland im going to try this marmite stuff. I can get it here but its all imported. Mmmm beer sludge on toast.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also i forgot to bring more cds with me to work today so it looks like heavy is going to entail saxon cradle of filth andmorbid angel again. I need more metal in my diet.