News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Suusgiving, aka, "Too much fucking homework to go anywhere."

Started by Suu, November 22, 2012, 08:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I've been planning this attack now for a couple of years. I knew that a solitary Thanksgiving was imminent, and tried to come up with something that would at least be fun to keep me from being bummed out. The boyfriend is serving the country today (see also: stuck on base for a 24 hour watch,) but he'll be here tomorrow for Thanksgiving Mark II, which is why I cooked too much for one person. I also have a potluck on Saturday, so anything leftover is going there, plus another batch of green bean casserole.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a good cook. In fact, most of these dishes are going to make ECH come through the computer and strangle me.

First off, they make turkey cutlets! Who knew? They aren't always easy to find, but Navyguy managed to grab them for me at the commissary. I also had some bacon laying around.

So I did this:

While those sat in the fridge for a bit, I started the sides. Such as the pinnacle of Thanksgiving garbage:

I pan seared those bitches like a bawz:

It was actually a bit trickier than I thought. The bacon affects cooking times. So I had to monitor the internal temperature of the turkey pretty carefully. In the end I had to remove the bacon and finish it with them separate. It still only took about 10 minutes total. The turkey turned out PERFECT.

The bacon went to good use. Yes, it IS Stove Top stuffing, I know, I know...But I really don't know how to make a good stuffing, I never liked my mom's homemade version, and it's not like I'm trying to impress anyone.

While the stuffing was finishing, I made a gravy, heated up some leftover scalloped potatoes, and toasted a sub roll...Then started building my creation, starting with cranberry sauce.

Then this happened.

If I didn't actually have a gallbladder attack, I will now.

Bisected for your viewing, from the bottom up: cranberry sauce, turkey, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, potatoes:

And plenty of leftover food as a base for tomorrow's larger, more-formal meal, when I add another turkey breast, corn, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie:

I'm going to take a nap, then bring some brownies up to the poor bastards at the mall who are stuck working Thanksgiving shifts.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks good! I have sweet potatoes and rutabagas in the oven and am sitting around in my pajamas, looking forward to heading out to St. John's in an hour for hot toddies and turkey magnificence.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 22, 2012, 09:22:19 PM
Looks good! I have sweet potatoes and rutabagas in the oven and am sitting around in my pajamas, looking forward to heading out to St. John's in an hour for hot toddies and turkey magnificence.

Ooooooh sweet potatoes. When I have the chance to cook for more than two of us, I'll go a bit more crazy with the sides, but I should have skipped the stuffing for sweet potatoes or squash with cinnamon. Mmm...

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

DECI4

Oh my god what is this I just read, does this victim actually believe anybody is going to find her white trash cuisine appetizing? I'm dying of shame for you.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: DECI4 on November 23, 2012, 06:14:35 AM
Oh my god what is this I just read, does this victim actually believe anybody is going to find her white trash cuisine appetizing? I'm dying of shame for you.

Don't worry, the leftovers as well as my Sara Lee pumpkin pie shall be consumed cold, enmasse, tomorrow, while watching Alabama slaughter Auburn. You haven't seen white trash yet, hun.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS