News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Office Christmas parties, the cultural appropriation edition

Started by Signora Pæsior, December 14, 2012, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signora Pæsior

Pæs and I are at our office Christmas party.

The theme is Mexican.

At least one person is dressed as a drug dealer named Sanchez, and cheap sombreros abound.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

The Chi Omega Sorority just got a ration of shit for that sort of behavior.  Avoid all cameras so you don't even appear associated with it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Signora Pæsior

Sorry, my mistake -- there are at least three drug dealers, because two of them just got Best Dressed.

Fuck everything.

Suu

That's just...yeah.

Why can't New Zealanders just have an Ugly Sweater Party like everyone else?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Everyone just pretended to be boring white people at mine.  It was VERY convincing, let me tell you. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I have Navyguy's "office" party tonight with the base command.

Apparently it's okay for me to wear jeans and bring a flask.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Suu on December 14, 2012, 01:14:43 PM
That's just...yeah.

Why can't New Zealanders just have an Ugly Sweater Party like everyone else?

Actually, that was a big thing about a year ago. Google image search "David Bain jumper".

Cain

I didn't go to mine.

"Fuck you, and fuck your party.  I'm going to go catch up on sleep LIKE A BOSS."  I may have hallucinated sending that, since I am not yet fired.

Elder Iptuous

:horrormirth:

ohlord.  that sounds like something that would be in Japan or something.  is this something that would fly in general in NZ?  like nobody batted an eye at a stereotype themed christmas party?

Sita

Sounds better than the 'White Trash' theme I'll have to deal with tomorrow.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Elder Iptuous

Sita

Oh, their Christmas parties are never official. Working in a pharmacy kinda makes a party hard to do.

But just about everyone, including the boss, tends to be there.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.