News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Shooting at CT Elementary School. WTF AMERICA?!

Started by Suu, December 14, 2012, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 19, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
So, repurposing doctors as gun control detectives (completely ignoring the fact that guns are outside the purvey of doctors, that most people don't see their doctors frequently enough for it to be useful, and that most gun violence happens by people who are not diagnosed with a mental illness) is a partial solution, but measures to resolve societal stressors are not worth a second mention. Got it.

But that's complicated, and hard, and might actually involve rearranging society so that the rich don't get nearly all the goodies.  Plus it isn't amenable to a quick fix that will win the next election.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

No-one in overworked, underpayed government departments EVER makes sloppy date-based errors.

Clearly, Lanza was killed and replaced by an MK-Ultra assassin Obama bought in from Indokenya.

Pope Pixie Pickle

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jackson-katz/men-gender-gun-violence_b_2308522.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

I thought it was time to insert a different perspective on this debate, rather than focusing on mental health.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Pixie on January 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jackson-katz/men-gender-gun-violence_b_2308522.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

I thought it was time to insert a different perspective on this debate, rather than focusing on mental health.

Woah.  So there are so many thoughts swimming through my head about this that there's no way for me to form a coherent reply.  I can say, however, that there are some really interesting points raised in there that, coming from an experiential perspective, make a frighteningly amount of sense.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Bu☆ns on January 24, 2013, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: Pixie on January 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM

Woah.  So there are so many thoughts swimming through my head about this that there's no way for me to form a coherent reply.  I can say, however, that there are some really interesting points raised in there that, coming from an experiential perspective, make a frighteningly amount of sense.

I was figuring that things like race and gender of the perps was getting overlooked as a common thread in school shootings and cases like the Aurora shooting at the cinema, and it was all getting bogged down in mental health stuff.

Anna Mae Bollocks

TBH, gun violence is one of the last things I've ever been worried about. I'm generally on guard against A) rapey guys, B) getting arrested on some trumped up charge and C) getting hit by a car. You know, things that commonly happen. I've only been shot at once in my entire life, and I was hanging around crazy drunks when that happened - WELL DUHR.
When my kids were in school, I worried about the same things for them. You know, things that had a good chance of actually happening.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Bump.

Here's some interesting stuff about Adam Lanza.  Looks like he was a fan of some form of anarcho-primitivism...and Anders Behring Breivik.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-lanza-twisted-call-radio-station-article-1.1580984

LMNO

Should I be creeped out?

Because I'm creeped out.

Suu

I saw this yesterday. I'm really creeped out. That kid...just...yeah.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy