News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Shooting at CT Elementary School. WTF AMERICA?!

Started by Suu, December 14, 2012, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jesus fuck. Roger or whoever, it's not my thread but do you want to move the attention-whoring posts by holist and holist jr. to the holist attention whoring thread?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 07:02:03 AM
Quote from: holist on December 17, 2012, 06:55:07 AM
Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 06:49:59 AM
How do you cope with the cognitive dissonance your belief in the existence of this syllogism generates when people agree with you?

I don't have to, because there's no cognitive dissonance there. The new syllogism was introduced, but was not universally adopted. This is actually what usually happens. And rightly so.

Keep on telling yourself that, little champion.

Okay.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

It's a goddamned religion and the Second Amendment is its Scripture. 

The Lord thy God WANTS his children to have Bushmasters, they NEED them.  You never know when the Redcoats are gonna bust down their doors at night and steal their jobs and give them to the Mexicans.

This country is so fucking broken and full of ignorant broken people.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Patron Saint

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2012, 11:09:40 AM
It's a goddamned religion and the Second Amendment is its Scripture. 

The Lord thy God WANTS his children to have Bushmasters, they NEED them.  You never know when the Redcoats are gonna bust down their doors at night and steal their jobs and give them to the Mexicans.

This country is so fucking broken and full of ignorant broken people.

My experience is that there is less of them than I first thought, but the key problem is that a lot of them end up in DC with suits on and voting/filibusterer powers.  It's cool though, demonstrating our leadership is completely inept and can't get anything done helps our global credit rating... right?

It's times like these where I want to become a believer... in the Illuminatti because then some of it would make sense.  The only reason I can possibly see this much wankery being allowed to pass is because of some international conspiracy where the movers decided that it was best to take the US down yet another peg and put a bunch of retards in office and told them to fight about as much inane crap as possible to stall the government into meltdown, because anyone with sense would realize that this strategy is fucktarded.

Sadly...

The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
"The Mindscape of Alan Moore" (2003)
Seek ye not enlightenment for the truth is the journey and the journey is the truth.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Patron Saint on December 17, 2012, 11:17:06 AM
The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
"The Mindscape of Alan Moore" (2003)

That is entirely correct.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

AFK

That's just it, there aren't that many of them, I think there is a healthy majority who would say, " Uh yeah, I don't think the Second Amendment meant 20 year olds packing automatic death machines". But, there are members of that minority in power, and they have successfully been able to use it as a cudgel against moderates and liberals. 

Obama is talking tough now but by the end of the week he'll be walking that shit back.  He won't do jack shit.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Patron Saint

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2012, 12:26:19 PM
That's just it, there aren't that many of them, I think there is a healthy majority who would say, " Uh yeah, I don't think the Second Amendment meant 20 year olds packing automatic death machines". But, there are members of that minority in power, and they have successfully been able to use it as a cudgel against moderates and liberals. 

Obama is talking tough now but by the end of the week he'll be walking that shit back.  He won't do jack shit.

Probably not.  For any merits he has and achievements he has made, Obama is still a politician at heart, but then, aren't they all?

One of the funny and fucked up things about politics is that only those that don't want to rule are generally the least bit suited to because they profoundly understand the problems that come with authority, and generally the only people that run for office are of two kinds:

1) Naive and think they can change the world until they get chewed up and spit out by the second type when they get to DC.
2) Power hungry fucks that have no place trying to run anything.

I've said this once or twice before elsewhere... but beheading the royalty was probably the best choice for France.  The ugly part is that things have to get that bad before shots are legitimately fired, and if that's the case, what is worth saving?

From what I'm to understand the seven generation legacy problem (leaders rise to power based on skill pass it to their heirs, but seven generations of hand over later the new leaders have none of the skills the leaders that were great did but instead have a skillset of maintaining power) creates the need for a reboot in a government about every 200 years and merka is a bit overdue.

I remember reading about the cops for hire in NYC during the occupy noise where your rich companies could hire someone to beat, arrest, and charge you and I was thinking to myself... Praetorian Guard much?

The problem is people are still too comfortable.  Part of me wants the whole thing to go to hell, but then another part of me remembers that it's the fundamentalists that have all the guns, not the liberals (exceptions exist, but going for general assessment), which means guess who is writing the new lawbooks?

Win?  Not likely.

If anything I'm still pushing my education over restriction philosophy, but it's not very popular, and is violently opposed by many in power.

One of my favorite moments recently was the accusation that Obama wanting to have executive authority to raise the debt ceiling meant he'd be able to barrow money without restraint, when in actuality it just means he'd be giving permission to pay back the debt. /suicide

I know it is wet
And the sun is not sunny.
But we can have
Lots of good fun that is funny!
  -Congress
Seek ye not enlightenment for the truth is the journey and the journey is the truth.

Faust

He already has:
"no single law, no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society,"

Translates as, "Too bad, shit happens, we want to keep our guns, fuck dead kids."
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on December 17, 2012, 10:06:39 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 03:20:55 AM
Quote from: Faust on December 16, 2012, 10:04:43 PM

Why the fuck is there any kind of legitimate gun side?

Because it's how we do things.

And that's just terrible.

Yes, yes it is.  But we do a great many horrible things, both to ourselves and to other nations around us.  And as far as the gun thing goes, get mad at the sun for rising.  If we didn't have guns, we'd use a piece of lead pipe.  The tool isn't the problem, the tool-using primates are the problem.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

That's just it, there aren't that many of them, I think there is a healthy majority who would say, " Uh yeah, I don't think the Second Amendment meant 20 year olds packing automatic death machines".

That's exactly what they meant, though. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 07:05:56 AM
Jesus fuck. Roger or whoever, it's not my thread but do you want to move the attention-whoring posts by holist and holist jr. to the holist attention whoring thread?

Going to, as soon as I get time.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on December 17, 2012, 02:13:48 AM
Well I just saw on Facebook (though not yet confirmed) that Anon has successfully filed a death certficate for a woman with the WBC, and now her SSN is blocked, all of her credit, accounts, etc. POOF, frozen.

This is less than Gandhi-like, but it warms my cockles.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 17, 2012, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 17, 2012, 02:13:48 AM
Well I just saw on Facebook (though not yet confirmed) that Anon has successfully filed a death certficate for a woman with the WBC, and now her SSN is blocked, all of her credit, accounts, etc. POOF, frozen.

This is less than Gandhi-like, but it warms my cockles.

I disapprove.

I don't want the government punishing people for what they say, so I certainly don't want faceless vigilantes doing it.