News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Diet Refining

Started by Patron Saint, December 17, 2012, 09:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patron Saint

So I've been on a big health kick since I got my gym membership and I've managed to crank out some abs and actually have some biceps and such, but I'm looking for thoughts on how to improve my overall diet.

My main issue is not having enough time to eat since I'm on the run a lot, or when I'm home it's incredibly late and all food stores are closed... but there is hope!  I am taking a promotion soon that pays me to sit at home (which I plan to keep until I get done with my masters) during which I'll be able to cook for myself more, hence the fread interest. 

I'm not a chef or even a talented cook but I can make a couple of things.

My main dish revolves around the following:

Meat: Lemon Pepper Haddock/Salmon/Chicken
Side: Sauteed Spinach (light butter) with diced tomatoes and garlic
Side: Penne Pasta rolled in light butter and seasoned with fresh basil

I probably eat this 5-6 times a week.

I also do a bowl of cereal in the late hours, drink the green machine naked juice and when I'm in an absolute hurry I break down and grab a sausage, egg and cheese wake up wrap from dunkin donuts which is about as close to food as one can get from such a place, plus it's cheap and quick.

After a work out (usually 3-4 times a week but probably more when I have the stay at home gig) I grab an isolean pro shake (works as post work out meal replacement, all organic) with some strawberry bannana flavoring.

Granted I could lose the flavoring on the shake and all the butter in the dish, but I'm trying to eat mostly healthy and not be completely devoid of flavor.  Also worth mentioning I have zero interest in being vegan or vegetarian.

Looking for simple/quick/tastey dishes recommended (links fine) that I can't screw up too much and still have some flavor without being made of lard and diabetus.

For the record I've already sworn off everything evil (soda, junk food, etc.) years ago, sans coffee and currently working to cut smoking off the agenda, but don't quite have the right motivation for that to make it stick yet.

I'm not quite a health pro or anything, and I'm not trying to run a marathon, just have more energy and look better naked fwiw.

Health comments and recipes appreciated.
Seek ye not enlightenment for the truth is the journey and the journey is the truth.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey, check out the "how not to be a fat bastard" thread! It's not about you, but is a thread that invites your personal stories about you! Totally socially appropriate!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Patron Saint

Will do, if mods are so inclined feel free to merge.
Seek ye not enlightenment for the truth is the journey and the journey is the truth.