News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Fuck yeah, the Hobbit has been released

Started by Cain, December 17, 2012, 05:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No, I'm not talking about Peter Jackon's overpadded snooze-fest.

I'm talking about Age of the Hobbit:

QuoteIn an age long ago, the last village of clever, peace-loving Hobbits is attacked and enslaved by the Java Men, komodo-worshiping, dragon-riding cannibals. Now the young Hobbit Goben, along with his father and sister, must seek help from the "giants" (human hunters) to find the Javas' lair and rescue the last surviving Hobbits, Goben's mother among them. In their quest to destroy the Javas, the heroic partnership of humans and Hobbits will transform both species forever.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

:lulz: This is so very what. The trailer makes it look like a made of the SciFi Channel movie.

Cain

I did neglect to mention:

QuoteWritten by The Asylum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum

QuoteIn 2009 the Asylum released their first 3D comedy, Sex Pot, and in 2010 they produced SyFy's top rated creature film so far that year, Mega Piranha starring Barry Williams, Paul Logan, and the 80's pop star, Tiffany.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

hobbits aren't the ip of tolkein's estate?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 17, 2012, 07:28:50 PM

You think Tolkein's kid is gonna fuck with MEGA PIRANHA?

I wouldn't.  There are easier ways to commit suicide.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

They have claimed so, but The Asylum counter-claimed hobbits were not invented by Tolkein, so his estate can go suck eggs.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2012, 07:44:51 PM

They have claimed so, but The Asylum counter-claimed hobbits were not invented by Tolkein, so his estate can go suck eggs.

I like the cut their gib, considering TSR bowed before them and thus we got stuck with 'halflings' the generic flavor.

Elder Iptuous

I can only assume that Roger's got the right of it, as the infallible wiki clearly states that he owns the little grubbers flat out.