News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

AN ERA ENDS. CAPITOL GRILLING FINALLY CROAKS.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 17, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Capitol Grilling is no more.  It's still up, but posting is disabled, and won't be reenabled before the site expires.

It turns out that Zeroflux at some point went from a libertarian/independent (and meant it, too, I've known him for 10 years) to a teabagger.  He called the election in Virginia wrong, and got pissed.  Then there was a gun control thread about the recent massacre, and he spazzed out, called everyone "morons", and then announced he was shutting the board down, presumably because there aren't any teabaggers left.

In its heyday (2000-2006), it was the best political board ever.  It declined from 2006-2008, as Zero took less and less interest in moderating it.  It's been on life support ever since, and it's probably a good thing that it was allowed to finally die.

So long, Zero.  You were a titan among men, but in the end you were just another putz.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I noticed Gore1FL signed up here the other day.

I have been registered at that place since 2008, and yet have not been able to post once.   :sad:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2012, 04:41:02 PM
I noticed Gore1FL signed up here the other day.

I have been registered at that place since 2008, and yet have not been able to post once.   :sad:

I had a standing invitation for Gore1FL, Walker Tom, Rosie, and a few others.  I hope to see them here.  Mostly, though, they will be asking you for your pick (at my suggestion) of what political boards would make a good new home for them. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Shit....I'll have to find one I actually like, then.  That may take some work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2012, 04:46:00 PM
Shit....I'll have to find one I actually like, then.  That may take some work.

They're pretty much partisan democrats (though not shrill about it), and they like a good scrap.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Aw, fuck.

I liked reading that stuff, even if I couldn't post shit.

There's going to be a lot more fucked up things happening post-CT. For years, I think.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Internet Jesus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 03:41:52 PM
So long, Zero.  You were a titan among men, but in the end you were just another putz.

In the end that's all we ever are.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on December 18, 2012, 07:39:00 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

In the end that's all we ever are.

Sure.  But he got there first.

Internet Jesus

I'm just pissed that out of all my efforts to make the place a toxic cesspool all it took was a relatively mild discussion about gun control to kill it off.  I mean c'mon throw a brother a bone for fucks sake, at least say that the place had become a cesspool and that discussing gun control was the last straw.

But no, Jesus doesn't love me that much.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on December 18, 2012, 02:31:54 PM
I'm just pissed that out of all my efforts to make the place a toxic cesspool all it took was a relatively mild discussion about gun control to kill it off.  I mean c'mon throw a brother a bone for fucks sake, at least say that the place had become a cesspool and that discussing gun control was the last straw.

But no, Jesus doesn't love me that much.

Well, the cesspool part was really his doing.  Lack of moderation + closed registration = settling pond.  Closing it down right after the election didn't go his way wasn't a decision concerning the board, it was a decision concerning...

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
\
:mullet:

And that's enough for me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Zero's last post (and CG's last post):

Quote from: Weeping TeabaggerThis is going to be the last post on the forum and I'm shutting down CG. My right to self-defense is guaranteed by the Constitution, does not end at the home and I could give a flying fuck what you think about guns GW in Ohio. You don't like them, don't own them, however you or anyone else is not going to abridge on my right to self defense.

Also, a semi-automatic firearm whether a rifle or handguns shoots one bullet at a time. You gun control advocates are absolute morons and can't even educate yourselves on the thing you are trying to ban. Semi-Automatic rifles and handguns are also the the vast majority of the market, so in essence those of you that say you want to ban them are essentially advocating near full gun confiscation.

My last point is that businesses/locations that ban guns are essentially sending a message to criminals and the insane that they will not encounter any resistance until law enforcement shows up.

I am absolutely sick about the tragedy in Connecticut. But I am not going to let you idiots use this forum to advocate shredding the Constitution and taking away my and others right to self-defense. The right to bear arms is NOT a privilege it is a RIGHT. The primary scope is not for hunting or sporting purposes.

His argument seems to be that half a dozen middle-aged to senior citizens are going to "advocate shredding the constitution" the act of which seems to be "discussing something on the internet".

Fact:  Zero has become about as rational as Donald Trump or Meatloaf or even Nugent.

Fact:  Zero's board sucked longer than it rocked (2001-2006 vs 2006-present).

Fact:  No big loss.

Fact:  Zero is a schmuck.  Just another butthurt jackass who loved the sport until his team lost.  To hell with him.  He was never really serious about having a good time, and when he suddenly decided that CG was SRS BSNSS, it was only a matter of time.  The first step to becoming a DUMBFUCK is to take yourself seriously.

So long, Zero, you asshole.  After all the bullshit and the double-talk, you were just another useless tard.

Cain

Given the tards there who recommended shredding the Consitution on a daily basis there (torture terrorists, haebus corpus doesn't apply to non-Americans, indefinite detention without charge) etc...this just screams extreme butthurt.  If you want a soapbox, get a fucking blog.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2012, 03:29:36 PM
Given the tards there who recommended shredding the Consitution on a daily basis there (torture terrorists, haebus corpus doesn't apply to non-Americans, indefinite detention without charge) etc...this just screams extreme butthurt.  If you want a soapbox, get a fucking blog.

Yeah, pretty much.

On the other hand, it's been a long, long time since any non-kook conservatives were on the board.  Except for Cooter, for whom I have nothing but respect.