News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

AN ERA ENDS. CAPITOL GRILLING FINALLY CROAKS.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 17, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 18, 2012, 03:37:22 PM
I'm amazed that is what shut down the forum.

Well, this election HAS delivered everything I promised it would, has it not?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Thing is, I in principle agree with Zero about firearms.

However, the idea of shutting down his board to stifle dissent is the funniest fucking thing I've seen since Pud shut down fuckedcompany over the Adbrite thing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2012, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 18, 2012, 03:37:22 PM
I'm amazed that is what shut down the forum.

Well, this election HAS delivered everything I promised it would, has it not?

It's the gift that keeps on giving, I swear.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Sucks that the board's gone, but it's funny when they screech.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

However, the idea of shutting down his board to stifle dissent is the funniest fucking thing I've seen since Pud shut down fuckedcompany over the Adbrite thing.

Seems like "Libertarian" is just another word for "control freak".  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 18, 2012, 05:46:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

Seems like "Libertarian" is just another word for "control freak".  :lol:

Board is still up.  Posting is still disabled.

This leads me to believe that Zeroflux isn't actually going to shut it down.  He just wants to punish everyone for a while for having all the wrong values.

Doesn't matter.  I'll never give that place an ounce of traffic again.  The idea of shutting a political board down because someone proposed an argument that the admin didn't agree with is laughable and more than a little pathetic; it isn't a forum at that point.  It's instead some weird thing on which you are allowed to agree.

I can get THAT anywhere.  I mean, this IS America, right? 

Anna Mae Bollocks

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 19, 2012, 05:46:49 PM
OMFG.

Zeroflux is MOL.  :horrormirth:

Yep.  Fucked up thing is, he used to be the model admin for a "heavily moderated" BBS.  No citation?  ERASED!  Prove your shit or GTFO.  That was years ago, of course.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 05:48:02 PM
OMFG.

Yep.  Fucked up thing is, he used to be the model admin for a "heavily moderated" BBS.  No citation?  ERASED!  Prove your shit or GTFO.  That was years ago, of course.

Needs to lay off the absinthe and cocaine-encrusted nephew penis.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 19, 2012, 05:50:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 05:48:02 PM
OMFG.

Needs to lay off the absinthe and cocaine-encrusted nephew penis.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LIBERTARIANISM: IF YOU CAN'T GET PEOPLE TO AGREE USING REASON, JUST USE FORCE.

THAT'S LIBERTARIAN FREEDOM!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

And just to say something about America, here's one of the last posts on the board (by a liberal, mind you):

Quote from: GWinOhioHowever, I have to agree with SNAFU on this one. People shouldn't be compelled to join a union. Unions made sense a hundred years ago, when robber baron owners held all the cards and exploited their employees badly.

But times have changed, and there isn't the same urgency to unionize.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger