News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

The Middle Children of History

Started by Remington, December 18, 2012, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

You want to understand where we are in the world? You want to understand where we're going, in the cosmic sense of things? What the future holds? Like most things in life, horoscopes and other hokey fortune telling aren't necessary, only an intelligent mind and the ability to extrapolate.

Humans occupy a very special niche in the world: we are a species that sits on the top of a lot of different fences. We are not quite animals anymore, but we have yet to reach the point where be can truly be called a civilized species. We are intelligent enough to develop the theory behind nuclear weapons, and stupid enough to make them. Smart enough to engineer these weapons, and short-sighted enough to stockpile them and play the planet-wide suicide pact that is Mutually Assured Destruction.

We are the point at which the falling angel meets the rising ape. We are what you get when you dope an intelligent man up with a bottle of tequila, put a knife in his hand, and say that THAT GUY OVER THERE was calling his wife a whore.

Our generation is too old to explore the earth, yet too young to explore the stars. We're moving in the right direction, but we're not quite there yet, and we won't be for 50-60 years.

So we wait, looking up at the stars, and dream of what might be.

We are the middle children of history.
Is it plugged in?

Nephew Twiddleton

Whoa... Very nice Remmy, and welcome back!

Twid,
Not obvious that it's Twid.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Remington on December 18, 2012, 02:05:51 AM
You want to understand where we are in the world? You want to understand where we're going, in the cosmic sense of things? What the future holds? Like most things in life, horoscopes and other hokey fortune telling aren't necessary, only an intelligent mind and the ability to extrapolate.

Humans occupy a very special niche in the world: we are a species that sits on the top of a lot of different fences. We are not quite animals anymore, but we have yet to reach the point where be can truly be called a civilized species. We are intelligent enough to develop the theory behind nuclear weapons, and stupid enough to make them. Smart enough to engineer these weapons, and short-sighted enough to stockpile them and play the planet-wide suicide pact that is Mutually Assured Destruction.

We are the point at which the falling angel meets the rising ape. We are what you get when you dope an intelligent man up with a bottle of tequila, put a knife in his hand, and say that THAT GUY OVER THERE was calling his wife a whore.

Our generation is too old to explore the earth, yet too young to explore the stars. We're moving in the right direction, but we're not quite there yet, and we won't be for 50-60 years.

So we wait, looking up at the stars, and dream of what might be.

We are the middle children of history.

I like. I think it will take longer than 50 or 60 years but I like. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dildo Argentino

I also like. But I suspect it will take significantly less (20-30 years or even less) - or we may achieve a massive set-back instead, and then who knows how long it will take and whether it'll happen at all.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."