News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

The Compiled Rugged Individualist Conversation

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 19, 2012, 02:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pæs

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 08, 2013, 03:57:08 PM
The Paes screeching in the OP, is that fair game for marginalia? It wasn't clear from the thread who actually wrote it.

Feel free to use any of that screeching however you like.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Pæs on July 10, 2013, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 08, 2013, 03:57:08 PM
The Paes screeching in the OP, is that fair game for marginalia? It wasn't clear from the thread who actually wrote it.

Feel free to use any of that screeching however you like.

WOOOOOO!

Pæs

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 20, 2012, 05:19:14 PM
I've become fascinated with Asch's conformity experiments and the interesting results that people in Japan and Britain, countries which are (for good reason) widely thought of as more communally-oriented, scored significantly lower for conformity than Americans on those experiments. It creates a sort of "Individualism Paradox" in which those who consider themselves most fiercely individualistic, when put to the test, are actually more conforming, possibly because of a sense of insecurity resulting from their disconnection from community.

This makes me want to put together a PSA warning Rugged Individualists that their primate brain is conspiring against their individualism because it thinks its lineage entitles it to an opinion on survival.

Pæs

LEARN TO RECOGNISE THE WARNING SIGNS BEFORE YOU GET ASSIMILATED INTO A COMMUNITY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on July 25, 2013, 03:13:57 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 20, 2012, 05:19:14 PM
I've become fascinated with Asch's conformity experiments and the interesting results that people in Japan and Britain, countries which are (for good reason) widely thought of as more communally-oriented, scored significantly lower for conformity than Americans on those experiments. It creates a sort of "Individualism Paradox" in which those who consider themselves most fiercely individualistic, when put to the test, are actually more conforming, possibly because of a sense of insecurity resulting from their disconnection from community.

This makes me want to put together a PSA warning Rugged Individualists that their primate brain is conspiring against their individualism because it thinks its lineage entitles it to an opinion on survival.

Oh shit I would LOVE to see that!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

I'm considering whether satirising the Rugged Individualist with a group/website that puts out advice on Rugged Individualism might be worthwhile.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on July 25, 2013, 05:41:26 AM
I'm considering whether satirising the Rugged Individualist with a group/website that puts out advice on Rugged Individualism might be worthwhile.

Ohhhh my god. If you have time for such a project, YES. I would definitely contribute.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

I am also tempted, as well as somewhat confused, by what "The Bitter Tea Party" would look like.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on July 25, 2013, 05:55:15 AM
I am also tempted, as well as somewhat confused, by what "The Bitter Tea Party" would look like.

:lulz:

Oh, that IS a good question.

Doktor Howl

:holyman: + :butthurt:
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2013, 04:06:20 PM

Yes, with more stars-and-stripes and the words "We The People" in large Gothic print in the background.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on July 25, 2013, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2013, 04:06:20 PM

Yes, with more stars-and-stripes and the words "We The People" in large Gothic print in the background.

It needs to happen. Facebook page?

Pæs

This thing needs to be bumped every now and then until we're in a position to run with it.