News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Hi Im New

Started by iSPEAKonlyFORthe23, December 21, 2012, 09:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Phox

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 23, 2012, 01:26:21 AM
Quote from: Phox on December 23, 2012, 01:19:33 AM
Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 23, 2012, 01:18:11 AM
Quote from: Phox on December 23, 2012, 12:06:33 AM
Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 22, 2012, 11:14:46 PM
I'm gonna leave this thread here for a little while longer just so I can identify who most of the obvious trolls and assholes here are.
You have no idea where you are right now, do you?  :lulz:

Okay, there are a couple of ways to interpret that post;

A: I'm really, really baked
B: I just walked in to the wrong alley, buster
C: ?
D: Profit

Which one is it?
All of the above, depending on which side of the cage you're on.

:lol: I bet you thought that sounded really profound. :P
Profound? Not in the least. A half-assed answer to a half-assed question, more like.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 22, 2012, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 06:11:22 PM
regret and RWHN -:lulz:
Rotary World Help Network?
When you say toppling the government, do you mean government in the sense that an American would say it or that a Brit would say it? Half the time when a Brit says government, they actually mean administration. But those Brits can't speak English and don't know the difference, of course. So do you speak English or not?

I mean government. I have a new system to put into place. And I speak abstract, mostly.

A nuclear missile detonated in the Van Allen Belt ought to take care of all of 'em.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm gonna leave this thread here for a little while longer just so I can identify who most of the obvious trolls and assholes here are.

:? :? :?

Am I the only one having trouble parsing this?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 23, 2012, 01:52:50 AM

I've heard of places on the Intertubes where threads get deleted, sometimes even by the person who started them. Based only on personal whims.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on December 23, 2012, 02:08:33 AM

I've heard of places on the Intertubes where threads get deleted, sometimes even by the person who started them. Based only on personal whims.

That sounds horrible!

Man, it's a jungle out there.

iSPEAKonlyFORthe23

Quote from: Phox on December 23, 2012, 01:33:38 AM

Which one is it?

Profound? Not in the least. A half-assed answer to a half-assed question, more like.

What was half-assed about my question? There were several ways to interpret the comment. I'd say not only wasn't my question half-assed, I even made an effort outlining several different scenarios making it a fully assed question.

iSPEAKonlyFORthe23

Leave this thread here [in it's current state] for a little while longer..

I have plans for this thread. Big plans.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 23, 2012, 02:39:24 AM

Not that part. This part:

so I can identify who most of the obvious trolls and assholes here are.

:?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, wait, I think I get it... you probably meant to type "who the most obvious". That makes a lot more sense.

Salty

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 23, 2012, 02:39:24 AM

How big? UNLIMITED big?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

President Television

I really want to dogpile but I think it'd be a bit hypocritical on my part. I was kind of a shitty noob.
So yeah, pool's on the roof. You'll want to talk like regular folk or shut the fuck up like I did. We're not too pretentious around these parts.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on December 23, 2012, 04:24:52 AM
I really want to dogpile but I think it'd be a bit hypocritical on my part. I was kind of a shitty noob.
So yeah, pool's on the roof. You'll want to talk like regular folk or shut the fuck up like I did. We're not too pretentious around these parts.

99.999% of the time, yes.

When there's drama, "pretentious" is the most polite way of describing the dumpster fire.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Phox

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on December 23, 2012, 02:37:33 AM
Quote from: Phox on December 23, 2012, 01:33:38 AM

Which one is it?

What was half-assed about my question? There were several ways to interpret the comment. I'd say not only wasn't my question half-assed, I even made an effort outlining several different scenarios making it a fully assed question.
Nah. If you'd been assed to look around this place in any sort of detail, you'd realize the whys and wherefores of that response. And you know, I'm going to give you some honest advice here, because, I think you deserve at least a chance. You've found your way into a very old community. Some of the members here have probably been Discordians since before you were breathing, and some of them were here before this forum was.  There is a distinct bond here, and fully developed culture with its own traditions and customs.

To be blunt, we've been around long enough to have had our fill of iconoclasm for the sake of iconoclasm. We are not impressed by any old anecdote. We have, in fact, seen zanier people than you. We have long record of success in board wars, numerous trolling expeditions and safaris, and more than a few other little trophies on our belts. We're ALL trolls and assholes. We don't really have a whole lot of patience for repeats of past failures, but new ideas are always welcome. We are bitterly divided on a number of issues. We will get pissed off at you over something. We will tear you to pieces until there's nothing left, or until you build a better you. We won't stand for shenanigans, unless their our own, and your mileage may vary. To make a long story short, we are perfectly happy to have you, but only if you check your preconceptions at the door.

Who are we?