News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Quick: Suggest movies to flipp to

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, December 23, 2012, 03:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_Kicked_Kennedy

My cousin just gave me 2cb for Christmas. Wife and kids are staying at the in laws until later tomorrow, and I want some fucked up movies with bizarre visuals. Not mindfuck movies, just fucked up. I'm thinking more Meet the Feebles and Songs from the 2nd Floor rather than Moon or TimeCrimes.

Oh, and I already own half of Takashi Miike's work, so don't bother suggesting any of his.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on December 23, 2012, 03:47:40 AM

My cousin just gave me 2cb for Christmas. Wife and kids are staying at the in laws until later tomorrow, and I want some fucked up movies with bizarre visuals. Not mindfuck movies, just fucked up. I'm thinking more Meet the Feebles and Songs from the 2nd Floor rather than Moon or TimeCrimes.

Oh, and I already own half of Takashi Miike's work, so don't bother suggesting any of his.

Stalker

The Cremaster Cycle
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 23, 2012, 04:07:02 AM

Stalker

The Cremaster Cycle

Stalker is definitely a possibility. I went to snag the Cremaster Cycle, and there's 5 films. I don't think my flight will be long enough, but it looks like something I may wan to watch some other time, just 'cause.

Danke
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

President Television

Tetsuo the Iron Man. It's a movie about a guy turning into a walking pile of scrap metal. It also has two sequels, both of which are pretty decent if I recall correctly.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on December 23, 2012, 04:21:54 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 23, 2012, 04:07:02 AM

Stalker

The Cremaster Cycle

Stalker is definitely a possibility. I went to snag the Cremaster Cycle, and there's 5 films. I don't think my flight will be long enough, but it looks like something I may wan to watch some other time, just 'cause.

Danke

Oh yeah, it's loooong. But so so beautiful and weird. I think you'll really dig it when you do have time to watch it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McNugget

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on December 23, 2012, 04:31:52 AM
Tetsuo the Iron Man. It's a movie about a guy turning into a walking pile of scrap metal. It also has two sequels, both of which are pretty decent if I recall correctly.

Bullet Ballet by the same director is worth checking out if you can find it.

The Doom Generation by Gregg Araki springs to mind as well.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO