News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

was Gregory Hill real?

Started by Mr. Presley, December 28, 2012, 01:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Presley

help me out (or just call me retarded)

AFK

Yes he was real! 

Ritard!   :argh!:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mr. Presley

yup you win, no more questioning that.

AFK

AFK

I guess he went to find the fnords.   :lol:

Mr. Presley

Than I would have to think harder about calling myself a discordian, witch I may anyway (ya know for thinking sake). Thornly makes me paranoid and if Gregory was just a made up guy I may think discordianism was invented to muck things up during the jfk "stuff". I could also be forming a habit of just not likeing the people who's ideals I subscribe to.

Mr. Presley

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 28, 2012, 01:56:16 AM
I guess he went to find the fnords.   :lol:

sorry my Internet loves chasing fnords and commonly disconnects itself from my computer to do so

Deepthroat Chopra

OH FFS! JUST LET ME ROLL IN MY GRAVE IN PEACE!!! YOU BASTARDS!
                                         /
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Mr. Presley

thats the only pic though, get me another pic(or a video) than you might have me.

Deepthroat Chopra

What? Why would I want YOU? I was Emperor of the United States! And, Protector of Mexico!I've got NOTHING TO PROVE!
                             /
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Telarus

A) Discordianism WAS invented to muck things up during the jfk "stuff", I mean wouldn't you if you were hanging out with Thornlay, Hill, R.A.W. Camden Benares and suck ilk?.

B) Greg Hill aka 'The Polyfather' was real, in the sense that he was just some dude, with his own life and problems, and that conspiracy chronicler Adam Gorightly has inherited his "Semi-Official Discordian Archive"

C) http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/norcallowfi/2009/03/10/99/
Greg and Kerry's High School Year Book Pics
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

AFK

Quote from: Mr. Presley on December 28, 2012, 01:58:48 AM
Than I would have to think harder about calling myself a discordian, witch I may anyway (ya know for thinking sake). Thornly makes me paranoid and if Gregory was just a made up guy I may think discordianism was invented to muck things up during the jfk "stuff". I could also be forming a habit of just not likeing the people who's ideals I subscribe to.

If the philosophy and ideas within Discordianism were ones you felt meshed well woth your sensibilities and world view, would it really matter who committed them to paper?  If it wasn't Greg Hill, but some other beardo from the 50s, would that really matter?

Jaidyn Casey

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 28, 2012, 02:26:38 AM
Quote from: Mr. Presley on December 28, 2012, 01:58:48 AM

If the philosophy and ideas within Discordianism were ones you felt meshed well woth your sensibilities and world view, would it really matter who committed them to paper?  If it wasn't Greg Hill, but some other beardo from the 50s, would that really matter?

I am glad this was said. I mean Taoism has kind of the same issues. There are actually a LARGE number of Taoists who think Lao-Tzu didn't even exist and the Tao Te Ching is supposed to be written by him. Does that make the TTC any less important or valid? While I am certain Greg Hill was a real person, it really wouldn't matter to me if he didn't. Discordianism isn't a "religion" that stands or falls on the existence or non-existence of Hill and Thornley.
If you want to get hypothetical, lets say BOTH of them didn't exist and were just pseudonyms. Some unknown person/s wrote the PD and the philosophy/message/whatever still is profound, awesome and fun.

Just my $0.02
Having and not having
both create frustration.
"Possessing" always comes served with a golden apple.
Being "The Prettiest One" cultivates pride and makes others ugly.
Not being "The Prettiest One" cultivates envy and leads to war.
Expand your definition of Self to include the Universe;
This way you can have it all with nothing to lose.
- "Chao Te Ching" Chapter 13

Mr. Presley

thanks for the help  :) Im going to bed.