News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Dangerous Google Search Terms

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, December 31, 2012, 09:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_Kicked_Kennedy

I'm placing this thread here as a public service.

Occasionally, I will Google a word/phrase that will yield less than desirable results (or, desirable, depending on what assists buoyancy of your dinghy). Most of the time it's a typo, but other times I use an odd combination of words, or misspell one word in combination with another and, voila: unexpected weirdness.

Here's a list of words you may want to be careful with in Google:
- Sounding
- Plugged
- roman shower
- cisgender (This was the king of Apple autocorrect head-scratchers... Honestly, how badly did I spell "designer" that they thought this is what I meant?)
- stuffer/stuffed
- crush film <--Unless you want to hate humanity more, don't look into this one. Just take my word for it.
- poz

Feel free to contribute.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Vincent

Is it me or are you just easily shocked?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vincent on January 02, 2013, 09:21:49 PM
Is it me or are you just easily shocked?

IKK is constantly trying to shock other people.

Doesn't usually have much effect.  For one thing, we've seen all that already.  For another thing, we usually ninja link it on religious/political boards.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Jesus, just about anything will result in "dangerous" search results.  This IS the internet we are talking about.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pæs

:nigel:

I SAY, HAVE ANY OF YOU CHECKED OUT THE LEMON PARTY?
YOU SHOULD TOTALLY SEARCH FOR THEM.