News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

So, I went to check out the Facebook "Discordian Society" page.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 05, 2013, 06:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain, I imagine you might have a thing or two to say to a Mr. Jenkins, since you spoke about it here fairly recently.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/2204727328/10151412064982329/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

About the only thing more insufferable than anarchists are anarchists on facebook.

Has any medium ever been better devised for the propagation of trite sloganising over nuanced debate?

Alas, yes www.twitter.com

Cain

You do have to admit though, there is a wonderful irony in declaring Discordians have to do or be something.  Doubly so when it is anarchism that is mandated.

I'm only joining anarchists if I can find a commune made up entirely of IOZ clones.

LMNO

I was trying to explain macroeconomics to a libertarian on FB the other day, so I understand completely.  I couldn't imagine trying to do that on Twitter.

Nephew Twiddleton

I was more referring to this:

QuoteThere's no "leader". But, there is a decision making process and bills get paid. And the funny thing about the second comment is it pretty much ignores the history of asymmetric warfare in cities, where modern day armies get their asses kicked by people with rifles and car bombs. But, hey, keep up attacking the straw man. I bet that feels good.

But yeah, it is pretty ironic. And yet not at all unexpected from Likebook Discordians.

Cain

Yeah, those Chechens sure showed the Russians what for, with their asymmetric, decentralized urban warfare!

Oh, wait.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2013, 02:21:57 PM
Yeah, those Chechens sure showed the Russians what for, with their asymmetric, decentralized urban warfare!

Oh, wait.

:lulz: