News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Help me find The Mummu :)

Started by HappyMoo, August 28, 2019, 03:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoo

Quote from: Hoopla! on August 28, 2019, 08:24:30 PM

You seem to know a lot about what you're looking for, for someone who came here looking for answers.

Ever since I discovered Mumu/Mummu with the KLF many years ago and realized it was the soundtrack for the Illuminatus! Trilogy, I've had a fascination with the topic.  Long before that, I fell in love with Samuel Noah Kramer, and old, old author and researcher of Sumerian mythology (specifically Inanna).
Despite having an interest, my knowledge has been limited (work, life, etc., you know).  As the internet grew, so did the amount of knowledge about these topics.

I've probably picked up more info in the last week than I'd picked up in the last 20 years (thanks internet!).  Still, I'm lacking info and I'm actively searching for even the tiniest clue for something maybe I've missed.  I simply need some kinda graphical representation of Mummu.  I could just invent any ol' thing -- like a chaos symbol or rehash a sacred chao or something...but I'd like something more accurate and realistic.

I figure that the people then probably had amulets and talismans or something to represent Mummu so they could assume his power (much like one gets to wear a cross to assume the power of jesus or a skillet to assume the power of Paula Deen), yet I've not been able to find anything like that.

I've contacted the British Museum as they seem to have a premiere collection of Sumerian and Mesopotamian items stolen  collected from the mideast, but they're apparently too busy to write me back :)

Soooo....I'm hoping anyone may have pieces of the puzzle I've missed :) Mummu appears to be far more interesting than I imagined.

The Johnny

Why would you choose to visually represent what was originally meant to not be visually represented?

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

HappyMoo

Quote from: The Johnny on August 29, 2019, 02:16:17 AM

Why would you choose to visually represent what was originally meant to not be visually represented?

I don't know that it wasn't originally mean to be represented visually.  Maybe it was represented visually and lost to time.  Maybe they made Mummu adventure coloring books for the kids :)  Even if there was some taboo stopping it from being represented, why would I *not* want to represent it anyway? :)  People still make Mohammed cartoons :)