News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

PKK activists assassinated in Paris ahead of peace talks

Started by Cain, January 13, 2013, 10:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://world.time.com/2013/01/10/kurdish-assassinations-in-paris-turn-a-spotlight-on-turkey-pkk-talks/

Basically, Turkey was looking to open a dialogue with the PKK, the Kurdish Workers Party.  Talks were due to take place in Paris, with senior PKK members.  And then, someone killed them, execution style.

The internet is rife with rumours about who is reponsible already.  Some are laying the blame at the feet of dissident Kurdish nationalists, who feel the PKK is selling them out.  Possible.  Others suggest rogue units within the military and intelligence agencies of the Turkish state - Ergenekon, the "deep state" of far-right radicals - are the culprits.

But no-one seems to be looking at the Kurdish role in Syria's civil war...namely, that Syrian Kurds aligned with the PKK are becoming a serious and credible faction in the war, one which may be able to carve out their own territory from Syrian soil, giving a material base to a future "Kurdistan".

Their enemies in the civil war, such as the Syrian government, would be most delighted to see the PKK paralyzed, and to drive a wedge between them and Turkey, I am sure...

Nephew Twiddleton

Does the PKK seem to be inclined towards blaming any one specific group? Seems to me like they would also have the Syrian government on the list of possible culprits.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!