News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Unlimited "Guns, Fuck Yeah!" Thread

Started by AFK, January 20, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:51:28 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:48:45 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 20, 2013, 03:38:10 AM
Did you not read ECH's post at all?  :?

Yes, doesn't change the fact that we need gun control.  And of I had my way, we WOULD go farther than just "assault weapons", but I know my opinion is in a pretty small minority.

I think what you're after is people control.

No it isn't. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

The other thing about the mental health thing is not just stigma. Some people really think they are fine when they clearly are not. If you have a really inaccurate perception of the world around you them you probably have an inaccurate perception of your own mental state. The doctors are trying to dope you up so that the forces controlling the world can pull the wool over your eyes dont you know.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:52:56 AM

Yes, doesn't change the fact that we need gun control.  And of I had my way, we WOULD go farther than just "assault weapons", but I know my opinion is in a pretty small minority.

No it isn't.

Of course it is.  Your stated positions are always and without exception on the side of controlling people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:52:12 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:50:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:45:24 AM
And what you and I said about which side you come down on are not mutually exclusive.

You want to force people to be safe, I don't.

I want to keep kids from being gunned down in their goddamned classrooms.  Period.

I want to keep kids from getting their entire lives ruined over a pot bust.  Half a dozen of one, six of another.

Me too, but we're not talking about that are we? 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:54:20 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:52:12 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:50:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:45:24 AM
And what you and I said about which side you come down on are not mutually exclusive.

You want to force people to be safe, I don't.

I want to keep kids from being gunned down in their goddamned classrooms.  Period.

I want to keep kids from getting their entire lives ruined over a pot bust.  Half a dozen of one, six of another.

Me too, but we're not talking about that are we?

Naw.  But I'm seeing a common thread, here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Ok, TGRR is on to something. FAMILIARITY is key when dealing with machinery. I learned guns when I was 11, with a .22 rifle, shooting at bottles. It was POUNDED into my head that I should only point the gun at things I wanted to shoot and/or kill. There was a CONSTANT message of respect and danger. And this was a .22 for fuck's sake!

Later, around 13 or so, I started up with shotguns. And holy fuck, if you messed up on the range, you were done for the day.

I think if proper gun respect was taught, rather than restriction, there MIGHT be fewer accidental deaths.

I realize I'm vaccilating here, but this is one of those things.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 03:54:13 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:52:56 AM

No it isn't.

Of course it is.  Your stated positions are always and without exception on the side of controlling people.

Banning certain types of weapons doesn't control anyone. 

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 20, 2013, 03:58:05 AM
Ok, TGRR is on to something. FAMILIARITY is key when dealing with machinery. I learned guns when I was 11, with a .22 rifle, shooting at bottles. It was POUNDED into my head that I should only point the gun at things I wanted to shoot and/or kill. There was a CONSTANT message of respect and danger. And this was a .22 for fuck's sake!

Later, around 13 or so, I started up with shotguns. And holy fuck, if you messed up on the range, you were done for the day.

I think if proper gun respect was taught, rather than restriction, there MIGHT be fewer accidental deaths.

Yes, but of course, Newton wasn't accidental, and, was at the hands of a guy who very clearly had that familiarity.

The Good Reverend Roger

If you haven't been trained to drive a car, you probably shouldn't be driving one.  If you haven't been trained with a firearm, you probably shouldn't have one.

But here's the thing, LMNO:  Everyone and their Goddamn grandmother seems to know better than the framers of the constitution.  Everyone, on both sides of the aisle, wants to fuck with the rights as set down in the main body & the bill of rights.

Fuck 'em.  If they are really that bothered, they can move to England, where guns are banned and nobody's ever violent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 04:00:46 AM

Yes, but of course, Newton wasn't accidental, and, was at the hands of a guy who very clearly had that familiarity.

So, it's your position that rights should be repealed based on worst-case scenarios?

Really?  Because we could have a little fun with that concept.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:58:25 AM

Did you keep a straight face while you typed that?

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 04:01:54 AM

So, it's your position that rights should be repealed based on worst-case scenarios?

Repeal what?  Banning certain types of weapons doesn't repeal a damn thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 04:05:02 AM

Well, other than the 2nd amendment, which states that "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed"

IE, to be touched upon in any way.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 04:02:23 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 03:58:25 AM

Did you keep a straight face while you typed that?

We ban shit all the time in the name of safety.  Lead in paint, pesticides, BPA, etc., etc.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2013, 04:06:54 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2013, 04:05:02 AM

Well, other than the 2nd amendment, which states that "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed"

IE, to be touched upon in any way.

It doesn't, you are still free to bear arms.