News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Unlimited "Guns, Fuck Yeah!" Thread

Started by AFK, January 20, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 25, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
But we live in the country we live in, and until we address an awful lot of our other problems, there's no evidence whatsoever that gun bans would even work, PLUS there's that pesky Constitution thing.

Well, that's just it.  Once you start hollering "Safety" or some other expedient to bypass the rule of law, you wind up with something hideous.

And if you DID repeal the 2nd amendment, it would be about as "productive" as prohibition has been.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 25, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
But we live in the country we live in, and until we address an awful lot of our other problems, there's no evidence whatsoever that gun bans would even work, PLUS there's that pesky Constitution thing.

Well, that's just it.  Once you start hollering "Safety" or some other expedient to bypass the rule of law, you wind up with something hideous.

And if you DID repeal the 2nd amendment, it would be about as "productive" as prohibition has been.

THIS!!! Imagine the the horrors of gun prohibition.

AFK

Imagine the joy of more kids living past the age of six.

No one wants to banguns outright, it isn't even a practical thing to wish for. 

My thing, as I've said a few times now, is just giving more of a fighting chance that you can either

a) intervene before someone goes apeshit with a gun or
b) stop someone who is going apeshit with a gun sooner so fewer people die.

I know that makes me, apparently, an awful scumbag worth "mockery" but I can live with that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE THAT MOST AMERICAN CHILDREN DIES BEFORE THE AGE OF SIX

oh wait
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Which implies that the number of 6 year olds that do die from gun violence, however small the number, is acceptable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, no it doesn't. It implies that your hyperbolic comment was hyperbolic. Do you want to ban cars and swimming pools because of the much larger number of kids under age six die in car and swimming pool incidents?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

How about dogs and household chemicals? How about children's vitamins?

Salty

Drones, domestic abuse, medical error also spring to mind.

Are any of these acceptable to anyone? Anyone?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Clearly they ARE, as we sit, accepting them.

Unless this thread is going to motivate Joe Biden to actually do anything ever.

I would imagine wed all be better off if we banned lobbying. Youd probably save more lives with that one thing.

Which is yet another thing that will NEVER HAPPEN.

AFK

So you answer hyperbole with stupid questions.

Meanwhile in Washington:

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/24/16682888-biden-downplays-assault-weapons-ban-emphasizes-background-checks-and-magazine-restrictions?lite

Passing a ban in this Congress was never very realistic, I'd be happy to see the magazine restrictions along with the background checks as a decent first step.

Salty

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 26, 2013, 04:07:52 AM
How about dogs and household chemicals? How about children's vitamins?

CARS. KIDS ARE RUN OVER ALL THE TIME BY CARS.

WALK, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 26, 2013, 04:10:58 AM
So you answer hyperbole with stupid questions.

Meanwhile in Washington:

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/24/16682888-biden-downplays-assault-weapons-ban-emphasizes-background-checks-and-magazine-restrictions?lite

Passing a ban in this Congress was never very realistic, I'd be happy to see the magazine restrictions along with the background checks as a decent first step.

....says another passive moron while massively missing the point.

Freeky

I like that I have the option (if not the cash) to own a firearm. I feel, with the 2nd amendment in place, that should my not-that-bad-almost situation become any worse, I would have the means to provide for my monkey. We occupy the same place in the world, and it is us against everyone else. I don't want to kill anyone, but I'd rather mug someone and assault them and take their shiny things and their money than starve me and monkey. Especially if it's the monkey who may go hungry. I hardly care if it's me, other than it's uncomfortable to be hungry so long and so often.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I get the sense that the whole gun control "debate" is a red herring that is being purposefully amplified by politicians on all sides of the aisle because real issues like financial corruption, income inequality, the prison-industrial complex, and the revolving door of private interests and positions of power are all a bit too inconvenient, complex, and intractable for the common American idiot to focus on for any period of time.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A