Savoury corn pancakes

Started by Dildo Argentino, January 22, 2013, 10:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 27, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
Quote from: holist on January 25, 2013, 08:59:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 08:46:42 PM
Quote from: holist on January 25, 2013, 08:44:47 PM
So I will comply with your request while noting that it is just hostility for the sake of it.

:lulz:

Well I'm glad you are so easily pleased! Hey how about this:

I wish you guys would stop disliking me like that, it's not fair! I am actually likeable! And I make fritters and call them savoury pancakes! Your rudity is hurting my soulses! What have I done to deserve? Please? Puhleezeeee!

There.

Just as an FYI, you aren't that likeable.

I know. I wasn't being serious.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: holist on January 27, 2013, 05:52:12 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 26, 2013, 08:15:02 AM
Of course I know when you're here. I can see who's logged in any time I want to.

I am quite surprised that you make the mistake of failing to distinguish between a person and his computer. What you know is when my computer is on and hasn't been turned off since last I logged into PD (as I tend to log in with session length "forever"). Whether I am actually sitting here by my computer are whether I am looking at PD (I tend to use the computer for a great deal of other things as you can imagine) are things you have no way of knowing.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 26, 2013, 08:15:02 AM
And I don't care if you post pics that are hosted at your site. But if you have content you wish seen by those here, post it here. Or at the very least post a paragraph excerpt or something, not just a link to your blog.

Thanks for that. Will do.

Actually, dipshit, I do have a way of knowing. YOU have no way of knowing what sort of spiffy tools I have at my disposal for monitoring this site.

And congratulations, you've managed to steal the "World's Biggest Pedant" crown from Requia.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 27, 2013, 07:27:20 PM
Actually, dipshit, I do have a way of knowing. YOU have no way of knowing what sort of spiffy tools I have at my disposal for monitoring this site.

Well actually, you don't. I don't need to know about your spiffy tools to know that. It seems the impeccable politesse scheme is failing already!

And congratulations, you've managed to steal the "World's Biggest Pedant" crown from Requia.

Well, actually, you are claiming you can tell when I'm on PD and I am arguing that you can't. You may prefer to call it pedantry, I call it quite a big difference.  :)

Freeky

Wow, that's one hell of an accomplishment! :lulz: 

At least Requia was likeable enough, for a pedant.

Pæs

Quote from: holist on January 27, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

Well actually, you don't. I don't need to know about your spiffy tools to know that. It seems the impeccable politesse scheme is failing already!

Well, actually, you are claiming you can tell when I'm on PD and I am arguing that you can't. You may prefer to call it pedantry, I call it quite a big difference.  :)

Are you trying to argue that it's not possible for an administrator of a website to determine when you are viewing their website or just that ECH doesn't have that ability?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Pæs on January 27, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

Are you trying to argue that it's not possible for an administrator of a website to determine when you are viewing their website or just that ECH doesn't have that ability?

The former.
As long as I am logged in (and, as I may be the only one from Hungary, possibly even when I'm not logged in) he can see when I download any page from the site. What I do between those times, he can't see. Not by virtue of being the admin of the site, anyway.  :)

Pæs

Because the only input you are giving the website is requests to download?

You are certain that your mouse movements go unobserved and that the other peripherals connected to your computer are not interacting with the browser? No camera or microphone connected? Do you regularly scrutinise the site's source and run a secure enough no-script browser to be sure of that?

Y'know, if the game we're playing is pointless pedantry.

East Coast Hustle

Pedantry.

I can tell who has been active on the website within a given time frame. That's good enough to know whether you've been doing something here in the last few minutes or you've just left your computer logged for hours.

And my original pedantry comment wasn't even about that, it was about everything else you said after that.

Some advice? If you're not all that smart, it's probably a good idea not to be so argumentative. You're likely to be wrong and look dumb alot.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Pæs on January 27, 2013, 10:41:07 PM
Because the only input you are giving the website is requests to download?

You are certain that your mouse movements go unobserved and that the other peripherals connected to your computer are not interacting with the browser? No camera or microphone connected? Do you regularly scrutinise the site's source and run a secure enough no-script browser to be sure of that?

Y'know, if the game we're playing is pointless pedantry.

Okay, you win! In fact I am not certain.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 28, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
Some advice? If you're not all that smart, it's probably a good idea not to be so argumentative. You're likely to be wrong and look dumb alot.

But the thing is, I don't mind looking dumb a lot.

East Coast Hustle

Yes, well, it also makes you quite unlikeable.

Dildo Argentino

At this stage, I'm okay with that, too.  :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on February 01, 2013, 07:38:50 PM

Of course you are.  You're stuck at age 12, accepting negative attention as better than no attention at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2013, 07:47:17 PM

Of course you are.  You're stuck at age 12, accepting negative attention as better than no attention at all.

He's like RWHN that way.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on February 01, 2013, 09:38:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2013, 07:47:17 PM

He's like RWHN that way.

I don't think that's really what RWHN is about.  RWHN is about spreading the butthurt and putting an end to Nigel's uppitiness.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.