News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Book Club: Angel Tech

Started by Cramulus, August 05, 2009, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

"If you wish to increase perception, relax the urge to know, to label, and to define. While these reactions may temporarily secure our sense of certitude, their hypnotic influence easily overwhelms the inner action of seeing." -Antero Alli
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

In other words, suspend judgement and remain a skeptic of reality until I can see the overall picture.

I've been thinking about this concept in Buddhism recently, the idea of the point of contact between awareness of arising and attachment/clinging to the arising. That is, sparsha is the point of contact between what we sense inside and outside of mind-body, and the feelings and cravings that arise coming from that point. If I control the point of contact, I can choose, consciously, my feelings, thoughts, actions and reactions.

I think AA was talking about sparsha in the above quote.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Shub-Crackerath

Hey guys, just found this thread a little late obviously. The download link is dead, can anyone offer up a link for me please?

Thanks

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on April 14, 2010, 08:46:21 PM
"If you wish to increase perception, relax the urge to know, to label, and to define. While these reactions may temporarily secure our sense of certitude, their hypnotic influence easily overwhelms the inner action of seeing." -Antero Alli

Wow.  That's a really funny way of saying "look at shit before you decide what it is".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 30, 2010, 09:29:42 PM

Wow.  That's a really funny way of saying "look at shit before you decide what it is".

The whole of Angel Tech is really funny ways of saying things.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Telarus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 30, 2010, 09:29:42 PM

:lulz: yeah, sometimes I prefer RAW's inanities.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

Bump For Ipt.

My breakdown starts around Page 5.  I never did finish writing it up.

Elder Iptuous

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 08, 2013, 03:13:56 PM
Bump For Ipt.

My breakdown starts around Page 5.  I never did finish writing it up.

Some day perhaps?  I was really looking forward to your thoughts on the later circuits.