News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

North Korea demands an ass-kicking at the hands of South Korea.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 25, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/31/17543980-us-navy-shifts-destroyer-in-wake-of-north-korea-missile-threats?lite

QuoteAs North Korean state TV shows constant images of the army bombarding South Korea, North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un is saying his missiles are at the ready and has cut off emergency communications. NBC's Richard Engel reports.

<snip>

The White House on Monday said the United States hasn't seen large-scale movements from North Korean military forces in the aftermath of harsh rhetoric from the reclusive government.

"I would note that despite the harsh rhetoric we are hearing from Pyongyang, we are not seeing changes to the North Korean military posture, such as large-scale mobilizations and positioning of forces," Carney said

Whatever the North Koreans have in mind, they've already done, or at least initiated.

I can think of a few horrible ideas.  A nuke in a shipping container going into LA, for example, or one in a truck near the DMZ, to be followed by an attack right out of the barracks (something NK has practiced for decades), ie, from peacetime operations to an offensive within 24-36 hours.

It won't work, but a lot of people could get dead while that gets proven.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, 10,000 points for rhetoric:

QuoteIn North Korea, meanwhile, KCNA reported on an Easter service at which it said "the participants renewed the firm resolution to put the warmongers [the US and South Korea] into the red hot iron-pot of hell as early as possible."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I put evildoers in the red-hot iron pot of hell whenever I can fit it into my busy schedule. 

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Well, it's still better than it being the other way around.

Junkenstein

The tone is a little panicked considering they are apparently letting them leave.

I really don't get this. If the trade area is much more vital for the North, why would the South ever bother to return?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 09:30:19 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 25, 2013, 09:27:31 PM
This is one of the most unexpectedly beautiful pictures I've seen lately:

Also, I'm concerned that North Korea is going to end up getting itself nuked, and wondering what the consequences of that would be.

Well, if they nuke the DMZ, there's no question that Pyongyang meets the stratosphere within 12 hours.

And what would that mean?

About 3 million deaths, within a month or two of the city being hit.  In addition to whatever they inflicted.

The threat is funny, the possible outcomes are not.

I can't stand it. I've been (:horrormirth:) joking about this on fb all week because I can't stand to look at it, Rog.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 03, 2013, 01:16:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 09:30:19 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 25, 2013, 09:27:31 PM
This is one of the most unexpectedly beautiful pictures I've seen lately:

Also, I'm concerned that North Korea is going to end up getting itself nuked, and wondering what the consequences of that would be.

Well, if they nuke the DMZ, there's no question that Pyongyang meets the stratosphere within 12 hours.

And what would that mean?

About 3 million deaths, within a month or two of the city being hit.  In addition to whatever they inflicted.

The threat is funny, the possible outcomes are not.

I can't stand it. I've been (:horrormirth:) joking about this on fb all week because I can't stand to look at it, Rog.

But it's the future we demanded.   :?

Cain

And the knock on effects in South Korea (aside from nuclear fallout, of course) won't be pretty either.

South Korea is pretty nationalistic, which makes them a bit conflicted on the whole North Korea issue.  Yes they're crazy and untrustworthy, but they're also Korean.  Ideally they'd love for reunification to happen, and at the very least, I could see the government in South Korea falling in the aftermath of a nuclear strike on the north.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 03, 2013, 05:11:23 PM
And the knock on effects in South Korea (aside from nuclear fallout, of course) won't be pretty either.

South Korea is pretty nationalistic, which makes them a bit conflicted on the whole North Korea issue.  Yes they're crazy and untrustworthy, but they're also Korean.  Ideally they'd love for reunification to happen, and at the very least, I could see the government in South Korea falling in the aftermath of a nuclear strike on the north.

Siberia ain't gonna be happy, either.

Cain

So here's an interesting theory I've heard.

North Korea is agitating for a greater US military presence in the face of total collapse and reunification with the south.  It kinda makes sense, as the only thing which would prevent a mass exodus from the North to the South in the event of unification would be, well, a bunch of really well armed people sitting on the DMZ.

I don't rate this as likely, just interesting to note.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2013, 12:51:11 AM
So here's an interesting theory I've heard.

North Korea is agitating for a greater US military presence in the face of total collapse and reunification with the south.  It kinda makes sense, as the only thing which would prevent a mass exodus from the North to the South in the event of unification would be, well, a bunch of really well armed people sitting on the DMZ.

I don't rate this as likely, just interesting to note.

That is an interesting take, for sure.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division