News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

I HAVE A FUCKING TURKEY. ALSO A QUESTION.

Started by Freeky, January 26, 2013, 07:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

This Turkey I would like to eat before it goes bad, but eating the same thing every day until it's gone, well, I'm not so desperate that this sounds appealing. Can I ask you lovely wonderful people for any suggestions on what to do with leftovers so I can eat it without getting bored? Also it would be nice to have suggestions that are simple in the way of ingredients. As basic as you can think. Please! <3

Freeky

This is as good a thread as any to mention it, but I really love you spags who occasionally come post in recipes forum. This is a sepparate thought from the OP,  but you guys srsly have such good ideas and you are also awesome people.

Attribute this post to late night, over emotional ramblings that are the text equivalent of a good, solid, cuddle hug.

BE FEELING LOVED, YOU SEXY BEASTS OF CULINARY DELIGHT.

LMNO

Sandwiches, naturally
Soups (just swap chicken w/turkey)
Shredded turkey tacos/nachos
Casserole with root vegetables
Hash w/sweet potato
Salads w/dried cranberries

That should give you enough variety for a week of meals.

Freeky

Cain

Turkey and leek pie.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/turkey-and-sweet-leek-pie

As much of a muppet as Jaime Oliver can be, this is a really nice dish, and like he says, is so simple to make.  The chestnuts are not necessary, either.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Calzones make lots of stuff not suck. So do tacos.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2013, 04:08:01 PM
Turkey and leek pie.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/turkey-and-sweet-leek-pie

As much of a muppet as Jaime Oliver can be, this is a really nice dish, and like he says, is so simple to make.  The chestnuts are not necessary, either.

I could eat turkey pie every day for months. Not at all kidding. That stuff never ever gets old.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

That pie was gorgeous.  I don't think I've ever had turkey pies before, so I'm not in a position to comment on them generally, but that in particular was really, really nice.  I ate it for about three nights in a row, huge steaming plates of the stuff, and I never tired of it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Okay, new question.  How much is a rasher of bacon?

LMNO

I'm pretty sure it's a single slice or serving, but it's more a UK term so we should let one of those Belgians answer.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on January 31, 2013, 01:59:29 AM
Okay, new question.  How much is a rasher of bacon?

I always heard in was one serving, usually two strips.

Cain