News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Screw Or Kill Me

Started by Salty, June 26, 2013, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

...I mean the sub-forum.

There exists, in the world, many problems. Right?

Part of our joys in life stem from the struggle to attain joys. We reach out for things we don't actually have. And we take comfort in the victories that lead to those things.

Justice.
Money.
Love.
Peace.
Rampant, Steaming Bloodlust.
As a few examples.

These things require the experience of difficulty, hardship, struggle, pain, problems. Some of the problems out there are really, really big.

You are familiar with them. And you're familiar with the little problems as well. How could you live on this earth...ok. There are a few people out there, very few, who don't experience life in this way, seemingly, at least.

There are a couple of ways we deal with these problems. No. There are a great many ways we have of dealing with them. The manner in which humans solve problems range from horrifying to grotesque to ugly to startlingly different.

Well, that's not fair. Actually, if you think about it, are brains work miraculously at keeping us from smashing open the heads of people who nearly kill us in traffic or inject whoever drives you to violence.

And spare me the non-violent bullshit. Your DNA is soaked in the blood of millions of lesser apes. Unless you think humans started killing each other just recently. We all have violence in our hearts, somewhere, whether we encounter it or act on it or not.

So, from that perspective, which I hope has some validity somewhere on this planet, the manner in which people deal with the problem of other humans is quite elegant.

It seems clear we get a bad rap, from ourselves, which is neat. But there are only ever a few greedy humans really sticking it to the rest of us. As soon as THEY figured out how to get US to be THEM their work was complete.

We now live their dream, which is our dream, which is not quite a nightmare for us reading this, but certainly a nightmare for the masses.

So...

What do we do to outrun the nightmare? Do we wake up? Can we wake up? What the fuck does that bullshit mean? Nothing.

The point here, and I'm trying to get to it, I swear is: When some people wake up and see horror all around them they sometimes go back to sleep and sometimes can never sleep again.

Some of those latter seek some other escape, true escape. And whether it is into a fantasy world (literary or libertarian), or into the real world, it almost makes no difference.

By that latter I mean: I and others like me have had the urge to hole up in the middle of nowhere and live a life of quite solitude.

To be honest, that sounds like heaven at the moment.

And that is exactly the problem, it is exactly like heaven, it's not real.

There is nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide.

You can live on only what you catch, build, and burn. Next to a river 500-1000 miles from anything like a city or a town or a walmart or quiznos or a motherfucking applebees.

And it is still not far enough.

You are a human being, living on the planet earth, in the 21st Century. You have work to do because we've gotten so many that there is nowhere to finally escape to. You are trapped with all those other monkeys and you better pull your head out of your ass if you want to change the way they, YOU, do business.

We might just save ourselves from ourselves, we might even, one day, attain something like Justice that will make Law like a crude, proto-human stone saw.

But that doesn't mean we will survive the heat long enough to get there.. Hunkering down where no one can see or hear you is just about the stupidest thing a human being can do.

OR KILL ME.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

Thanks!

It's the lack of sleep that does it for me.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

The part about wanting to hide away in the middle of nowhere being dumb sorta put a knife in my guts.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Yep.  You have to stare into the desert abyss, until it blinks.  Then you sell it something.
Molon Lube

Salty

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 26, 2013, 09:11:11 PM
The part about wanting to hide away in the middle of nowhere being dumb sorta put a knife in my guts.

Me too. Most of my rants are realzations about why and how I'm acting like an asshole and need to stop.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 26, 2013, 09:14:21 PM
Yep.  You have to stare into the desert abyss, until it blinks.  Then you sell it something.

There's really no other way. I mean, I suppose some might advocate moderation. Even some Discordians.

Fucking jerks.