News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

I quit smoking today

Started by EK WAFFLR, February 01, 2013, 02:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

Good luck, Waffles! I've smoked something like five cigarettes in my entire life, and I only smoke when I'm too drunk to forget that I don't smoke.

Junkenstein

The day went badly here for a multitude of reasons and I appear to have chain smoked a lighter.

I find e-cigs and the like tend to taste absolutely foul. The irony of this never ceases to amaze me.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 03:55:23 PM
Good luck, Waffles! It's a challenging task which you have chosen!

If you end up breaking, rather than kicking yourself for it, I second Pent's suggestion that you invest in e-cigarettes. The upfront is expensive, sure, but compared to the cost of the real thing it's nothing, PLUS, NO LUNG CANCER.

I do second this. Groupon had a deal for the South Beach e-cigs a few months ago - $30 for the $160 start-up kit. My boyfriend was around 1/2 - 3/4 a pack a day, sometimes teetering on a pack and he's down to just a few most days. Got one for our friend next door and I don't think he's smoked a regular cigarette in over a month. I'm around 2 a day. I wasn't smoking that much to begin with, but it helps curb the urge to go for another one.

And like Nigel said, the up-front investment is a lot (even if we'd paid the full price up front, it probably would have paid for itself by now), but it does save money (and so far, health) in the long run.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

tyrannosaurus vex

I am switching to e-cigs also. For two reasons. A) They're not actually more expensive than analog cigarettes if you do it right, and B) ELECTRONIC FUCKING CIGARETTES. Fuck. How much more evidence do you need that we are living in the fucking Future™?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pergamos

A princess that just quit smoking.  I'm scared.

A viking princess, yeah, that makes it even scarier.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I got a $7 e cig at the dollar store and I can't even inhale the thing without choking and coughing my guts out.

I don't know if it's just because it's dollar store shit or if they're all like that. If they are, I don't want to waste $30+.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Ben Shapiro

I think the E-Cigs are being investigated with possible leakage of the cooling agent in them leaking. So people are dying from constant inhaling of the fumes. I think it was leaking anti-freeze, or something similar. It might have been just one particular company, but go research it first before you buy anything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on February 01, 2013, 10:21:28 PM
I think the E-Cigs are being investigated with possible leakage of the cooling agent in them leaking. So people are dying from constant inhaling of the fumes. I think it was leaking anti-freeze, or something similar. It might have been just one particular company, but go research it first before you buy anything.

Can you provide a citation? Because I've researched them, and didn't find anything even remotely like that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

I'll see if I find anything.  It was a friend of mine who used the E-Cig with little nicotine patches inside them he and his father used them  ,but then suddenly stopped because people were dying from them due to leakage. I haven't spoken to him in years.

EK WAFFLR

I really want the e-cigs, but 1. they're ILLEGAL in Norway. 2. They're too expensive for me to be able to front the cash at the moment. Gonna stick with nicotine gum and the occasional pipe.

And yes, V3X, E-Cigs are AWESOME
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Pergamos

I can understand them being illegal.  e-cigs are like the tobacco equivalent of hashish.  I'm not in favor of them being illegal, but I can see why legislators might choose to make that decision.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on February 01, 2013, 11:15:19 PM
I can understand them being illegal.  e-cigs are like the tobacco equivalent of hashish.  I'm not in favor of them being illegal, but I can see why legislators might choose to make that decision.

In what way are they "like the tobacco equivalent of hashish"?  :?

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

This. What?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Pergamos

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

They're a device that you use to vaporize the distilled essence of tobacco.  I guess more of a hashpipe than hash itself.