News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

I quit smoking today

Started by EK WAFFLR, February 01, 2013, 02:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

2 weeks as of today.  after 1 week i had one real cigarette to see if i was torturing myself - cuz it felt like i was.  it didn't taste very good and was not satisfying at all.

a few days ago, my battery died and i had one more real cigarette with the same results - i just don't like them much anymore.

i've found that i miss the smell of regular cigarettes, but that's about it.  every other aspect of the e-cig is better.

i ordered some "lower octane" e-juice and another battery and tank as i think i may be getting too much nicotine with the stuff i have now (or at least more than i really need) and i don't want to be caught with a dead battery again.

thanks, everyone, for helping me decide to give it a go.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I'm hopping on this. On day 3 of Wellbutrin for a quit date of September 18th.

I've fucked around with e-cigs...the one-use kind. Problem there is they taste and feel like meth-cut, which is still a pretty fucked up trigger for me (I got goose-bumps even writing that sentence). If the Wellbutrin doesn't take, I may look into one of the more expensive rigs that aren't quite so metallic and hope for a different result.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

rong

Its been over a month for me and so far so good.

The disposable e-cigs taste like ass.

The lower nicotine juice tastes better.  Started with 24 mg, been on 18 mg for the last week and felt like I was getting too much nicotine so I just picked up a bottle of 12 mg to try out

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Nice. That's encouraging.

So outside of a few days here and there where the county was hosting me, today was the first day in 21 years where I haven't smoked a single cigarette.

I'm not sure how much the Wellbutrin is helping. Seems like the kind of thing where not noticing it is the idea. It has had me feeling weird the last few days in general, so if anything, it was less jarring feeling as weird as I did not including a cigarette with every damn activity today. I don't think that's what it's meant to do, but I'll take it.

Also, this fucking sucks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 20, 2015, 07:45:46 AM

So outside of a few days here and there where the county was hosting me, today was the first day in 21 years where I haven't smoked a single cigarette.

I'm not sure how much the Wellbutrin is helping. Seems like the kind of thing where not noticing it is the idea. It has had me feeling weird the last few days in general, so if anything, it was less jarring feeling as weird as I did not including a cigarette with every damn activity today. I don't think that's what it's meant to do, but I'll take it.

Congratulations!

If you want to borrow my psychopharmacology textbook and read about nicotine in the brain, you're welcome to it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Ooh. Thanks. I've been reading up on it. Actually helps quite a bit.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 20, 2015, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 20, 2015, 07:45:46 AM

Congratulations!

If you want to borrow my psychopharmacology textbook and read about nicotine in the brain, you're welcome to it.

rong

been on 12 mg nicotine and feeling fine for the last week or so. 

i also picked up some propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine and tried diluting my older 24mg stuff down to what i figure is approx 12 mg and it tastes fine.

i burned my last (open) pack of cigarettes and gave away the "emergency" pack that i was keeping in my work locker.  i just don't like them anymore.

i've been keeping track of expenditures and, even though i've bought 3 batteries, 4 tanks (gotta have backups for the backups) and way more juice than i need i figure i'm about $100 ahead of where i'd be if i was still smoking regular cigs. 

i should have enough supply to last me til January or February.

it's unreal how much better it is and how much cheaper it is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Congratulations!

I am barely smoking at all these days. In some ways I think smoking is a weird anxious tic for me... that and something I actually enjoy once in a while at parties. They don't have cigarettes where I was staying in Peru, so I didn't smoke (or drink, really) there, and now I am just not that into either. I like my wine still, though, oh yes, and I'm smoking pot regularly, which seems to actually be really good for my sleep and maybe a little bit for my mood (although I am slightly more prone to emotional dissociation when I'm stoned).
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

updates, yo!

as of today I have been nicotine free for 1 week.  I have had an occasional "placebo puff" on 0mg nicotine e-juice but don't feel like I need it.  haven't had any today - but that banana cream pie is just so yummy.

few things I've noticed - I don't seem to drink as much coffee.  It feels like I'm drinking more beer - I don't think I actually am, but it feels like I am.

I've gained about 20 lbs  :cry:  i think its from metabolic changes due to reduced nicotine and caffeine but who knows . . . maybe i am drinking more beer than before . . .

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on March 03, 2016, 10:19:39 PM
updates, yo!

as of today I have been nicotine free for 1 week.  I have had an occasional "placebo puff" on 0mg nicotine e-juice but don't feel like I need it.  haven't had any today - but that banana cream pie is just so yummy.

few things I've noticed - I don't seem to drink as much coffee.  It feels like I'm drinking more beer - I don't think I actually am, but it feels like I am.

I've gained about 20 lbs  :cry:  i think its from metabolic changes due to reduced nicotine and caffeine but who knows . . . maybe i am drinking more beer than before . . .

You're eating more because you're not smoking.  This happens to damn near everyone.  Track your diet.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Does gum chewing help with the post-smoking weight? Like, do smokers eat more because oral tic needs replacing, or is it a metabolism thing?

Junkenstein

It's a "not anywhere near as hungry so simply shoving more food into your face" thing.

Personally speaking, I find it's the hand gesture/motions that are harder to mimic, but also why I suspect many do well with e-cig stuff. I suppose shovelling food could work in a pinch, particularly crappy snacks. Constant hand/mouth motion would probably have at least a mild placebo effect.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

POFP

I'm all about that VAPE LIIIIIFE BRA. RBA TRITON 2 drippin tank, .000051 OHMS, 69 MG NIC using INFANT HAIR instead of cotton, got a 300watt Sigelei mod, but I plug it into the wall so I can get to 600 WATTS BRA. CHECK MY CLOUDS BRA, KINGS ISLAND HAUNT DON'T NEED FOG MACHINES IF I'M WORKIN.

Congratulations on quitting smoking, though.

Thankfully, because I smoked a full-bodied Cuban cigar and got severe Tobacco sickness (Not buzz, and it lasted over an hour) when I was getting addicted, I can't have any relevant amount of nicotine or I pass out or get depressed and sick. So no nicotine addiction for me. I'm just addicted to everything else that's stimulating.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.