News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Gold Discordian Sigil Buttons

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, February 02, 2013, 10:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that in several states they have won the right to be photographed for their drivers licenses and/or take official oaths with colanders on their heads.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Ohhhhh, the FSM!

Hahaha I support the right to Colander!

See I think Discordia needs to fight for it's own religious rights as well.  Wonder what it would take to win the right for my DL photo to be taken with my sherlock in my mouth.  Though that's probably more subgenius than discordian.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Raz Tech

Quote from: trix on October 10, 2014, 10:15:12 AM
Ohhhhh, the FSM!

Hahaha I support the right to Colander!

See I think Discordia needs to fight for it's own religious rights as well.  Wonder what it would take to win the right for my DL photo to be taken with my sherlock in my mouth.  Though that's probably more subgenius than discordian.

from the PD:
POEE has not registered, incorporated, or otherwise chartered with the
State, and so the State does not recognize POEE or POEE Ordinations, which is
only fair, because POEE does not recognise the State.

But that's not really stopping anyone.  I think it's just too much paperwork.

LMNO

The thing is, the POEE isn't Discordia; it's just the most well-known branch.

Raz Tech

That's why it's not stopping anyone.  That and the fact that everything it says is as moot or important as you make it.

trix

I did once get out of having to shave my beard for a temp job, using the excuse that my religion forbids me to alter my appearance when I don't want to.

I was amazed it worked, to be honest.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

FriarChicken

Very new to this forum and thus trying not to say much but I was wondering if created sigils are acceptable material to post in this board. The title of this thread dragged me in so figure this is as good a place as any to ask.
Thank you for your time who-ever responds.
There is at the very least a small grain of truth contained within all jokes. That being said when I tell you that I desire to force feed honey badgers up your rectum using a cattle prod as a packer I am not making a joke.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FriarChicken on December 23, 2014, 08:09:36 AM
Very new to this forum and thus trying not to say much but I was wondering if created sigils are acceptable material to post in this board. The title of this thread dragged me in so figure this is as good a place as any to ask.

If you really enjoy being thoroughly made fun of, I'd say go for it!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sincere question for you though: What is it that makes so many people think that Discordianism, a religion that is founded on the principle of making light of superstition and religious beliefs, is a good go-to for expressing their superstitions and religious beliefs? It's not just you, it happens all the time. Are people confusing Discordianism and chaos magick?

Doktor Howl

:lord:
Molon Lube

hooplala

The thing is this... even if sigils actually work, which they probably don't, they are only useful for the creator of the sigil. So, why would anyone else want to see them?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on December 23, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

The thing is this... even if sigils actually work, which they probably don't, they are only useful for the creator of the sigil. So, why would anyone else want to see them?

Some people have to fap in public, or they don't get their jollies. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 23, 2014, 06:29:57 PM
Sometimes they're pretty?

I've seen aesthetically-pleasing bird droppings.  For the record.
Molon Lube