News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Gold Discordian Sigil Buttons

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, February 02, 2013, 10:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 23, 2014, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 23, 2014, 06:29:57 PM
Sometimes they're pretty?

I've seen aesthetically-pleasing bird droppings.  For the record.

And you didn't post them because?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 23, 2014, 06:56:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 23, 2014, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 23, 2014, 06:29:57 PM
Sometimes they're pretty?

I've seen aesthetically-pleasing bird droppings.  For the record.

And you didn't post them because?

You wanna fap, you go find your own.  :tgrr:
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 23, 2014, 03:57:38 PM
Sincere question for you though: What is it that makes so many people think that Discordianism, a religion that is founded on the principle of making light of superstition and religious beliefs, is a good go-to for expressing their superstitions and religious beliefs? It's not just you, it happens all the time. Are people confusing Discordianism and chaos magick?

Chaos magic is linked with Discordianism, so there's that. That doesn't necessarily mean discordianism is linked to chaos magic, though.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on December 23, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
Sincere question for you though: What is it that makes so many people think that Discordianism, a religion that is founded on the principle of making light of superstition and religious beliefs, is a good go-to for expressing their superstitions and religious beliefs? It's not just you, it happens all the time. Are people confusing Discordianism and chaos magick?

Chaos magic is linked with Discordianism, so there's that. That doesn't necessarily mean discordianism is linked to chaos magic, though.

:lulz: Chaos magicians seem to perhaps not be the sharpest tools in the shed, given that Discordianism is kind of explicitly about making fun of that shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Yep. 
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 23, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

:lulz: Chaos magicians seem to perhaps not be the sharpest tools in the shed, given that Discordianism is kind of explicitly about making fun of that shit.

Oh yeah. These are also the people who try to conjur up Lovecrafts fictions, and consider Coca-Cola a powerful demon.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on December 23, 2014, 07:30:53 PM

Oh yeah. These are also the people who try to conjur up Lovecrafts fictions, and consider Coca-Cola a powerful demon.

WHAT? Why???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Maybe we need to start pointing out that these yabbos are eating the menu. Use language they understand, since plain English seems to be failing.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 23, 2014, 07:37:42 PM

WHAT? Why???

It's an egregore. I'm being a little colorful by describing it as a demon, but not by much.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on December 23, 2014, 07:39:50 PM

WHAT? Why???

It's an egregore. I'm being a little colorful by describing it as a demon, but not by much.

That doesn't even MAKE SENSE. It's a beverage. The Kool-Aid Man would make sense, but Coca-Cola? :lulz:

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 23, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

WHAT? Why???

That doesn't even MAKE SENSE. It's a beverage. The Kool-Aid Man would make sense, but Coca-Cola? :lulz:

Well, not the actual drink itself, exactly, but.. like... the idea of Coke. That's the egregore.

Sorry I'm not explaining this well but im at work and typing on my phone.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

In CM, concepts have a sort of "spirit", and by focusing on representative objects, concentrate the will of the magician in order to manipulate (or be manipulated by) the spirit in question.

Which means there's an egregore of Kleenex out there. As well as one of Tampax.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 23, 2014, 09:20:53 PM
In CM, concepts have a sort of "spirit", and by focusing on representative objects, concentrate the will of the magician in order to manipulate (or be manipulated by) the spirit in question.

And my ass.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on December 23, 2014, 08:00:48 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 23, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

WHAT? Why???

Well, not the actual drink itself, exactly, but.. like... the idea of Coke. That's the egregore.

Sorry I'm not explaining this well but im at work and typing on my phone.

No, I get you... it's just so profoundly stupid that my eyes rolled back into my head for a second.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 23, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

And this is why my spirit animal is Egg.

WHICH IS AT LEAST A THING THAT'S ALIVE.