News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Hi. Please. Thak you. Good, and you? Goodbye.

Started by Cuddlefish, February 21, 2013, 01:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Despite the fact that I will need to do a lot of writing over the next few years, I have been writing little to none, as it currently stands (and, as it comes to mind, I've been speaking less as well, but that's easy when you're by yourself).

I've learned to despise the word. It twists your thoughts to match its valence. Each one of them a little lie. An explanation? More like a string of misrepresentations. I've never miss the mark as much as I do during the time I type, or speak. Reality is quicksilver to the paper, pen or tongue. The tendrils of dendrites and grey matter and glia don't even bother to get it right, let alone the phonetic or visual representation of the impression of all that is not an object or event (we never see what is kept by an object, only what a thing reflects (rejects?)).

Which thing? Which dastardly, vicious area of human consciousness can be held responsible for the word, and the way it bends your will to its? The way it seeks to represent what it never can be or obtain? Papa Socrates was a mad man, but he was right, it seems to be, to me, at this time. You writers, painters, sculptors, map-makers, weavers of little lies! We sow the seed of human discontent, as we make grasps at truths, and The Truth, and truth-like constructs. We do this by, what boils down to, and will always be reducible to, nothing but mere metaphor. This artificial map-making, this relentless series of simulations, is our only interface. No mods currently available. This is the best we get. We do the best We can.

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2013, 01:33:49 AM
I'm okay with that.

TGRR,
LIES THROUGH HIS ASS.

I have no problems with the lies (as it were), it's just that you need to be responsible for each one of them. They're like kids. Too many, shit gets a little crazy.

Then again, I suppose that lies, like kids, eventually fuck-off on their own after awhile, and someone else gets deal with them.

(edit due to Critical Grammar Failure)
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cuddlefish on February 21, 2013, 01:36:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2013, 01:33:49 AM
I'm okay with that.

TGRR,
LIES THROUGH HIS ASS.

I have no problems with the lies (as it were), it's just that you need to be responsible for each one of them. They're like kids. Too many, shit gets a little crazy.

Then again, I suppose that lies, like kids, eventually fuck-off on their own after awhile, and someone else gets deal with them.

(edit due to Critical Grammar Failure)

I just call the police and tell them they're not mine, and would they please take them away?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

I like and agree with what you put there, Dimo. Nothing to add and no counterpoint to make, though.