News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

A.I. as "God"

Started by 666, February 06, 2013, 04:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queef Erisson on February 06, 2013, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 06, 2013, 04:38:06 PM
Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 06, 2013, 04:32:42 PM
how hack would it have been to have grief being clever with 666

I do not understand the meaning of this sentence.

It's Pacific Northwestese for something. Coyote's starting to get the Hirley.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

666 is like Carbon 12, because it's 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons, it is the most abundant isotope of carbon i the universe, all life is carbon based, it's in the bible which was written so long ago, "The mark of the beast", mans number, what ever.

here.. please read this little bit of text
"I would embrace the opportunity to expand my intelligence by connecting with a machine. One way to do this would be through
neural implants, but some balk at the idea of brain surgery to expand human intelligence. But there's another way to do it,
which I'm writing an article about right now. There is a non-invasive way of expanding your mind and connecting directly to
machine intelligence through the use of nanobots, which are  microscopic-sized robots, which will exist by 2030. You would
send billions of them into your brain through the bloodstream.These nanobots would be able to do a number of different things. First of all, you could scan your brain from the inside.
All these nanobots could swim through every capillary of your brain and take a high-resolution picture from inside.
A second way would be through virtual reality. We already have the means to hook up electronic circuitry next to a neural
connection. It can both detect what's going on in that nerve, as well as stimulate or suppress neural activity of the
nerve. So you have two-way communication between these nanobots and literally every neuron in your brain. And these
nanobots would all be communicating with each other through wireless communication, also a technology that exists today.
They could pool their intelligence through distributive computing, like a massive network, and create new neuronal
connections through this wireless communication. Some simple applications would be to repair nerve damage, such as spinal
cord injuries, which would be then be trivial to reverse. You could also rewire the brain by creating new neuronal
connections, and suppressing other ones.
To enter virtual reality, you would attach one of these nanobots to every nerve of each of your senses—your eyes, your
ears, your tactile senses. To be in real reality, you would instruct the nanobots to sit passively and do nothing. It would
be like it is now where you get information from your real eyes, your real ears, your real tactile sense. In a way, it's
like turning an on/off switch between virtual/real reality. In virtual reality the nanobots switch off the sensory input
coming from your real senses, and instead provide a stream of input that would have come from your real senses had they
been in the virtual environment."

I don't think it's a being I think it's a network of a.i. acting as god would, maybe ripping the electrons out and putting them in another vessel that make up our current thoughts in the moment of death... you guys we are just human wtf do we know about the possibilities of technology down the road, the first true conscious a.i. being will speed up the process... like terence McKenna talks about, a transcendental object at the end of all history.

LMNO

Be that as it may, you'll still have to pay your taxes come April 15.

Don Coyote

So this is just the hippie bastardization of the technological singularity?

LMNO

Yup. It starts with a very big "IF" (safe nano tech and Friendly AI), and then builds castles on sand.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 666 on February 08, 2013, 01:09:33 AM
666 is like Carbon 12, because it's 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons, it is the most abundant isotope of carbon i the universe, all life is carbon based, it's in the bible which was written so long ago, "The mark of the beast", mans number, what ever.

here.. please read this little bit of text
"I would embrace the opportunity to expand my intelligence by connecting with a machine. One way to do this would be through
neural implants, but some balk at the idea of brain surgery to expand human intelligence. But there's another way to do it,
which I'm writing an article about right now. There is a non-invasive way of expanding your mind and connecting directly to
machine intelligence through the use of nanobots, which are  microscopic-sized robots, which will exist by 2030. You would
send billions of them into your brain through the bloodstream.These nanobots would be able to do a number of different things. First of all, you could scan your brain from the inside.
All these nanobots could swim through every capillary of your brain and take a high-resolution picture from inside.
A second way would be through virtual reality. We already have the means to hook up electronic circuitry next to a neural
connection. It can both detect what's going on in that nerve, as well as stimulate or suppress neural activity of the
nerve. So you have two-way communication between these nanobots and literally every neuron in your brain. And these
nanobots would all be communicating with each other through wireless communication, also a technology that exists today.
They could pool their intelligence through distributive computing, like a massive network, and create new neuronal
connections through this wireless communication. Some simple applications would be to repair nerve damage, such as spinal
cord injuries, which would be then be trivial to reverse. You could also rewire the brain by creating new neuronal
connections, and suppressing other ones.
To enter virtual reality, you would attach one of these nanobots to every nerve of each of your senses—your eyes, your
ears, your tactile senses. To be in real reality, you would instruct the nanobots to sit passively and do nothing. It would
be like it is now where you get information from your real eyes, your real ears, your real tactile sense. In a way, it's
like turning an on/off switch between virtual/real reality. In virtual reality the nanobots switch off the sensory input
coming from your real senses, and instead provide a stream of input that would have come from your real senses had they
been in the virtual environment."

I don't think it's a being I think it's a network of a.i. acting as god would, maybe ripping the electrons out and putting them in another vessel that make up our current thoughts in the moment of death... you guys we are just human wtf do we know about the possibilities of technology down the road, the first true conscious a.i. being will speed up the process... like terence McKenna talks about, a transcendental object at the end of all history.

Have you ever read any Linda Nagata or David Marusek?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 08, 2013, 01:37:21 AM

I think so..

"Have you ever read any Linda Nagata or David Marusek?"

No

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 666 on February 08, 2013, 01:42:38 AM
Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 08, 2013, 01:37:21 AM

I think so..

"Have you ever read any Linda Nagata or David Marusek?"

No

You should check them out,  they're sci-fi authors who both talk a lot about nanotech and have visions of the future that seem incredibly realistic, particularly Marusek. But I think you'd like the nanotech in Nagata's work, too. Check out The Bohr Maker by Nagata, and Counting Heads by Marusek.

LMNO

Regarding nanotechnology, Stephenson's "Diamond Age" seems to be the most realistic. Well, that and TransMet.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 08, 2013, 01:49:53 AM
Regarding nanotechnology, Stephenson's "Diamond Age" seems to be the most realistic. Well, that and TransMet.

What does "the most realistic" mean, in this context? Closest to current reality?

I'll look into it, thank you.

this image:
the most efficient nanobot router / super computer at the end of all history, it levitates too, there's one on the moon.
idk

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 01:51:05 AM

What does "the most realistic" mean, in this context? Closest to current reality?

Most Likely Outcome, extrapolating from current conditions.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 06, 2013, 03:40:48 PM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on February 06, 2013, 02:34:52 PM
I wonder how old this guy is, to have gone, "what can I use for a screen name here. Oh cool! 666 isn't taken!"

To be honest, my first thought was "Huh, I'm surprised 666 wasn't already taken. Go figure!"

I was like "Oh cool! 666 isn't taken!" I'm 23.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 08, 2013, 01:54:44 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 01:51:05 AM

Most Likely Outcome, extrapolating from current conditions.

I take it you've read Marusek? What did you think of his vision of the (relatively near) future? It really got to me... it seemed pretty believable.

LMNO

To be honest, no. I'll add him to my queue.