News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

BROWN CHEESE FIRE!

Started by EK WAFFLR, February 13, 2013, 12:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

I considered posting this in Recipes or Aneristic Illusions, but I feel the theme is too apple-talky.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/jan/24/brunost-norwegian-cheese-hot-topic

QuoteNews reports of a protracted fire in a tunnel involving Norway's beloved brunost (brown cheese) spread beyond the county of Nordland this week. In rather understated style, Kjell Bjorn Vinje of the public roads administration said: "I didn't know that brown cheese burns so well."
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

People have been talking about the brown cheese fire here for a week. Also, that is a magnificent quote!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My former housemate loved brown cheese and always had a block of it in the fridge.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

It's delicious. And apparently a cheap substitute for firewood.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on February 13, 2013, 02:46:23 PM
It's delicious. And apparently a cheap substitute for firewood.

I'll have to remember that next time I go camping.

Cain

You know a fire is important, when it has it's own Wikipedia sub-entry.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

This is why we can't have nice things, you Belgian bastard.  :tgrr:

IF YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR CHEESE FROM COMBUSTING, YOU WON'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE IT.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 13, 2013, 06:03:39 PM
This is why we can't have nice things, you Belgian bastard.  :tgrr:

IF YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR CHEESE FROM COMBUSTING, YOU WON'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE IT.

YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!!

[/b]

Cainad (dec.)

So is cheese officially considered to be terrorism now? Or does it only count if it happens in America?

Junkenstein

Fuck the fire, tell me more of this "Fudge-cheese". Is that really an accurate summary? I'm Scottish and actually offended I've not heard of this yet.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cainad on February 13, 2013, 10:37:22 PM
So is cheese officially considered to be terrorism now? Or does it only count if it happens in America?

The Norwegian Defence League dude that was arrested for bomb threats today didn't have any brown cheese on him, I think, so that would be in MURICA only. For now.

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 13, 2013, 11:39:02 PM
Fuck the fire, tell me more of this "Fudge-cheese". Is that really an accurate summary? I'm Scottish and actually offended I've not heard of this yet.

Not sure if this helps, but I'd be more than happy to smuggle some to England when I visit in April.

[/b]

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Combustible cheese you say? How very right up my alley. Added to investigative to-do list.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.