News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Snow.

Started by Ben Shapiro, February 10, 2013, 01:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

This storm was proof of why I need the HORRIBLE RICHTERRAN  LAND CRUISER.  Laughter and 4wd got me farther in snow than swearing and shovelling.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Okay, about the storm, someone help me out here, when did they start naming fucking snow storms?  I mean, yeah, Nemo...it was cute, aside from the barrage of unfunny "OH HAI LOOK I FOUND NEMO" Facebook posts from those bankrupt of creativity.  Is this a new thing?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

I vaguely remember hearing on some weather channel blurb that this year they decided to start naming snow storms for some reason. I don't think they said why, or if they did I wasn't paying attention. My guess is that people have nothing better to do with their time and to allow for stupid facebook jokes
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Elder Iptuous

weather channel named it, but the US weather bureau and the world meteorological organization is torqued about that, because they have the mandate from god to name storms or something.  i heard a quote from one of them on NPR saying that they are afraid people will thing that the snow storms are actually hurricanes.  :lol:

Cainad (dec.)

This was the end of my driveway last Saturday morning:

Long Island is not exactly well-prepared for this amount of snow. No plows came through until Monday, and there's a lot of elderly people in my neighborhood who can't shovel themselves out.

I also learned the hard way apparently I still get pretty asthma-y when exerting myself in the cold. An hour of shoveling left me wheezing for breath for the next 12 hours. :x  Walked my ass to the pharmacy to pick up some Mucinex so I could function.

No real disasters for me though. Power and Internet actually stayed on for me, probably because Sandy already tore down all the trees.

Suu

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 13, 2013, 09:35:35 PM
weather channel named it, but the US weather bureau and the world meteorological organization is torqued about that, because they have the mandate from god to name storms or something.  i heard a quote from one of them on NPR saying that they are afraid people will thing that the snow storms are actually hurricanes.  :lol:

A Nor'Easter is pretty much a cold-fed hurricane, and they can be just a destructive. But naming a clipper that swoops over the snow belt is dumb.

The pro to naming is record keeping. Because "Blizzard of 2013" could be a number of large storms from the Rockies to New England.

The con is that it's wicked dumb, and has already caused confusion that they're hurricanes up here. Someone wanted to know how we went from Sandy to Nemo without having a Z storm.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Elder Iptuous

Don't worry.
as the storms continue to get worse and more frequent, those people that are confused will get naturally weeded out in the destruction.

AFK

Oh look, here comes Warm Front Wally. 

HIDE THE KIDS!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 14, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

HIDE THE KIDS!

:lol:

Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2013, 10:27:37 PM

The con is that it's wicked dumb, and has already caused confusion that they're hurricanes up here. Someone wanted to know how we went from Sandy to Nemo without having a Z storm.

Once I realized they were talking about the snow storm and not some regular hurricane happening nowhere near here, I was wondering where A-M went.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 14, 2013, 03:15:02 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 14, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

HIDE THE KIDS!

:lol:

Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2013, 10:27:37 PM

Once I realized they were talking about the snow storm and not some regular hurricane happening nowhere near here, I was wondering where A-M went.

yeah. i didn't read anything explaining why they arbitrarily started with 'N'...