News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

"I love you"...

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, February 13, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2013, 12:30:59 AM
:lol:

I don't give him hell about it though. I never show any sign of annoyance.
I know he loves me, I just don't know if he knows I love him too. I'm not very good at showing affection. He says I have the emotional depth of a Klingon.

ngungerung.  i know. boohoo.  :emo:

:|

Put the rape to him.  That's like Valentine's day every day!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2013, 02:18:03 AM

I know he loves me, I just don't know if he knows I love him too. I'm not very good at showing affection. He says I have the emotional depth of a Klingon.

:lol: :lol: that's the every day every day!

insideout

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2013, 02:18:03 AM

yup.

Next time he says "I love you", respond with "prove it to me, sexy.  lets make love, right here, right now", and take your clothes off.

If it doesn't help, at the very least the sex will be fun.

Sir Squid Diddimus

How is this some wild or crazy thing? Or any different from normal every day stuff.
We're not 23 yr old gamers or 65 yr old retirees.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2013, 03:49:49 AM
How is this some wild or crazy thing? Or any different from normal every day stuff.
We're not 23 yr old gamers or 65 yr old retirees.

Take benzos, and you WILL be.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Richter

At first I thought thread was Red Man.

Then I thought it was "let's put mescaline in everything" day again.

Bedtime, I'm certain I'll wake up screaming thanks to you all.   :argh!: :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Mrs LMNO says it to me quite a lot, usually out of the blue and at random.  We've talked about it, and in general it means either, "I'm anxious or concerned about something completely unrelated to our relationship, and I'm saying this because I don't want to think about that right now," or it's just the primate call-and-response, "I'm here.  Are you there?"

It can be annoying sometimes, sure, but since I know it's not stemming from guilt or emotional blackmail, I'm ok with it.

As an added bonus, she throws some variations in: "I love your butt" is a common one, as well as the occasional, "I HAVE A VAGINA!" 

Lately, for no apparent reason, it's "because robots!"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 14, 2013, 01:19:21 PM
Mrs LMNO says it to me quite a lot, usually out of the blue and at random.  We've talked about it, and in general it means either, "I'm anxious or concerned about something completely unrelated to our relationship, and I'm saying this because I don't want to think about that right now," or it's just the primate call-and-response, "I'm here.  Are you there?"

It can be annoying sometimes, sure, but since I know it's not stemming from guilt or emotional blackmail, I'm ok with it.

As an added bonus, she throws some variations in: "I love your butt" is a common one, as well as the occasional, "I HAVE A VAGINA!" 

Lately, for no apparent reason, it's "because robots!"

I think the bolded might be exactly it.

Also, the rest is totally cute. HAW HAW you and your wife are cute!

LMNO

Next time he says "I love you", you should look at him and shout, "I HAVE A VAGINA!"

Works.  Every.  Time.

Eater of Clowns

I have another solution.  It doesn't address the behavior so much as your outlook toward it.  It can even be used in conjunction with LMNO's excellent advice.

Think of it this way.  Poison, as we all know, is in the dosage.  Now, because of his undying affection for you, and with each little act of love you give him, the level of love within him increases.  That level increases so steadily, in fact, that without ventilation it could approach catastrophic.  This is not only dangerous for him but also for people in a five mile radius as well as most plant and animal life.  Mr. Squid, being an intelligent man, has developed a system where he can ease the pressure of love inside of him regularly, allowing it to return to sustainable levels.

Basically, it's love farts.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

Little love farts that you have to smell.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

I changed my mind.

Next time he says "I love you," look at him and shout, "LOVE FARTS!"

Elder Iptuous

primate call and response is a good insight, LMNO.