News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Time Cube Lite

Started by Trivial, February 18, 2013, 05:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 19, 2013, 04:55:57 PM
stopped within the first couple sentences when we were encouraged to 'raise our frequency' which is a common refrain in the hippy trippy community.
it tweaks me.  i have in the past asked them wtf they are talking about when i encounter it.  a few times they even responded to the question, with something along the lines of , "Light! we're all made of light!"
at which point i asked them why they are suggesting we should move to the more carcinogenic end of the spectrum, as higher frequency light is the more harmful form.  i convinced one particularly impressionable newage vector that what was needed was increasing our wavelength which is the exact opposite, and that increasing our frequency was a luciferian plot to drag us all down.  he was very enthusiastic about this revelation, which seemed obvious to him in retrospect, given that UV light damages our DNA while IR light is what his healing light machine emits.  I like to think that he is out there, to this very day, spreading the message and fighting the good fight among his fellow hippies that have been led astray...

1.  I was gonna say that the only response to "we need to raise our frequency" is mocking laugter, but

2.  Your response was GENIUS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

stopped within the first couple sentences when we were encouraged to 'raise our frequency' which is a common refrain in the hippy trippy community.
it tweaks me.  i have in the past asked them wtf they are talking about when i encounter it.  a few times they even responded to the question, with something along the lines of , "Light! we're all made of light!"
at which point i asked them why they are suggesting we should move to the more carcinogenic end of the spectrum, as higher frequency light is the more harmful form.  i convinced one particularly impressionable newage vector that what was needed was increasing our wavelength which is the exact opposite, and that increasing our frequency was a luciferian plot to drag us all down.  he was very enthusiastic about this revelation, which seemed obvious to him in retrospect, given that UV light damages our DNA while IR light is what his healing light machine emits.  I like to think that he is out there, to this very day, spreading the message and fighting the good fight among his fellow hippies that have been led astray...

:mittens:

"Like, be a radio man....."

This might also have a hilarious tie in with Ernie's angels.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OMG, this is amazing!  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

bright a smile to my face ippy. velvet ha to La was ecu ku c z geek UK needs q's cf kit H's  Kyi oui out ow quality dirk I onec

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 19, 2013, 09:04:32 PM
bright a smile to my face ippy. velvet ha to La was ecu ku c z geek UK needs q's cf kit H's  Kyi oui out ow quality dirk I onec

OH SHIT

COYOTE GOT HIRLEY0'D!  :eek:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

:thanks:
thanks. i was goofy proud of how that response went down.  giggled to myself for days!

The Good Reverend Roger

HORAB HAS POSSESSED COYOTE!

AAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Iptous, that was brilliant! I'm going to steal the shit out of your argument when dealing with the hippy alternative crowd!

:eek:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]