News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Butterfly defect

Started by Frontside Back, February 07, 2020, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frontside Back

Update:

Haven't seen the butterfly today, which means it has learned something about windows, or it managed to die.

was going to try to trap it in somewhere to try to get it to eat some piece of fruit or sugarwater.

It's hiding really good and I'm getting a bit worried. It amazes me how strong of an emotional connection I have developed with a bug in just a day.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Frontside Back

Terrible news.

I found the butterfly dead on the floor, and now I feel like shit because I could've maybe prevented this by being more decisive.  I miss it, flying around room, panicking, making the annoying tapping noise when its wings flapped against the glass, refusing to eat. Wonderful stupid thing.

It must have had horrifying last days. Being woken from it's winter sleep feeling what it presumed to be the warmth of spring, only to realize that some idiot had moved the piece of furniture it was sleeping on inside while cleaning his balcony from years of cigarette ash. Seeing the shining sunlight so close, but beyond a massive forcefield without tiniest hole or weakness. A giant stinking ugly monster trying to tell it that it's cold outside.

I really loved it. It brought up a whole new kind of smile up on my face, a childish joy of having something so beautiful in my life. I wanted everything good to come to it, but all I brought was pain and death. My ignorance and apathy prevented me from doing what was good. I didn't find out soon enough.

I don't know what butterflies reincarnate to, but if you ever take a form of a being capable of reading this text I want to say that I'm sorry my actions didn't lead to better outcomes for you. I'll work on myself to prevent such occurrences happening in the future. I will bury you when the ground thaws, among the nettles. I shall kidnap bunch of butterfly babies to raise the most abysmal butterfly army the world has ever seen and with it spread destruction and carnage in your name.

Rest in peace, nameless butterfly.
I will not forget you for a while.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cramulus

*pours out a little malt liquor*