News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

I'M JUST TRYING TO GET SOME SLEEP.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 26, 2013, 03:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Sleep?  What sleep?  There is no "sleep" when the low men skulk around your house and the Grabby Girls run loose.  It's not safe.  I'd drink myself into a coma and call in sick the next day, but the bastards would steal the shaving kit out of my desk in my absence.

They say there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but that's just some fat guy on a lawnchair with a Coleman lantern and a white cane.  Why does a blind man need a lantern?  I ask you.  You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me, I can tell you.  In fact, you can't sleep at all the night before if you want to fool me, for I am sexy and clever.

Right now, there's a Met Life blimp circling over our plant.  I have been willing the aircraft taking off from Davis Monthan AFB to smack into it, with no luck so far.  Is it WRONG to wish that fucker was full of hydrogen instead of helium?  Is that BAD?  Because the very idea of using the sacred blimp to whore out bad insurance policies offends me.

Another thing I'm not wild about is surface road traffic.  I have to give Mikey (my new mechanic, not the engineer) a ride in to work each morning, and we agree that people are DUMB, so we do a lot of screaming out the windows at people.  He thinks I'm a little odd for a boss, but fuck him.  He doesn't KNOW.  He doesn't have enough scars yet, and the ones he DOES have are in the WRONG PLACES.

Safety Nazi, Mike the Engineer, Filthy Apprentice, Ernie in production...It's like I live in a still, and they're cooking off all the smart people, and leaving the dross to keep me company here in the afterlife. only there's so much DUMB that Filthy Assistant thought leaving me a Starbucks Frappuccino would be a NICE GESTURE.  WHO DOES THAT SHIT?

I don't WANT to give the world a red ass.  I'm NOT trying to change the world.

I'm just trying to get some sleep.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

AND THEY KEEP MAKING THE SAME FUCKING MISTAKES OH GODDAMMIT I CAN'T STAND IT

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Your flukes are doing some really awesome writing today!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 26, 2013, 04:03:26 PM
Your flukes are doing some really awesome writing today!

They're also making my head buzz like a radial arm saw.

nnnnniiiiinnnnnnnnnnnng (then occasional noises like a pigeon went through, braaaaaawk).

I can divine the future from that noise.  And the future is this:  I will have unhappy co-workers by the end of the day.  There will be butthurt and stern damage that would put a supercarrier out of action.  There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.  There will in fact be dented feelings and ill will all around.

Because I HATE them, LMNO.  I hate them like they were Roy Cohn's personal pimple-squeezers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Goddamn roadrunners are screeching like pterodactyls.

But I have EARPLUGS! 

HAH!

TGRR             - 1
Flightless birds - 0

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 26, 2013, 04:33:11 PM
Make them cry, Roger. Make them CRY.

Part of me says "Roadrunners don't screech like pterodactyls.  They don't make any noise at all."

But that part of me is WRONG, because the empirical evidence insists that they do in fact screech.  And are they not the descendants of pterodactyls?  I mean, from the loser branch of the family that sort of just gave up and moved to the trailer park, forgot how to fly, and started eating lizards and snakes instead of dinosaurs and coelacanths?

Hell, yes.  So some of them might screech, in a vain attempt to recapture their lost heritage.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 26, 2013, 04:36:27 PM

Part of me says "Roadrunners don't screech like pterodactyls.  They don't make any noise at all."

But that part of me is WRONG, because the empirical evidence insists that they do in fact screech.  And are they not the descendants of pterodactyls?  I mean, from the loser branch of the family that sort of just gave up and moved to the trailer park, forgot how to fly, and started eating lizards and snakes instead of dinosaurs and coelacanths?

Hell, yes.  So some of them might screech, in a vain attempt to recapture their lost heritage.

That sounds perfectly plausible to me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 26, 2013, 07:51:48 PM

Thanks for validating my parking stub, Mister!

:lulz:

TGRR,
The Genghis Khan of Facebook.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 26, 2013, 07:53:27 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 26, 2013, 07:51:48 PM

Thanks for validating my parking stub, Mister!

:lulz:

TGRR,
The Genghis Khan of Facebook.

:lol: