News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

well, that's it for me.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 01, 2013, 11:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: V3X on March 02, 2013, 04:04:41 PM
Disagree with RWHN. Not that it isn't a play for votes and attention, but I can't believe that Obama himself is too concerned with who people vote for.

Whoa!  Hold the phone...really?  I'd remind you of two things, a) he is a Democrat and b) Democrats are up for reelection in the mid-term elections. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 02, 2013, 05:57:25 PM
Disagree with RWHN. Not that it isn't a play for votes and attention, but I can't believe that Obama himself is too concerned with who people vote for.

Whoa!  Hold the phone...really?  I'd remind you of two things, a) he is a Democrat and b) Democrats are up for reelection in the mid-term elections. 

I can't, anymore, seriously entertain the notion that there is any genuine difference of opinion between Democrats and Republicans at the Federal level. At least, not beyond the level of rivalry a person might have with a chess partner while they're playing a game. Certainly there are differences in approach, rhetoric, and short-term tactics, but given the more or less unbroken trajectory national government takes regardless of which party is in control and the deafening silence on issues like citizen surveillance, automated warfare, warrantless arrests and imprisonment, and even torture, I just can't any longer entertain the fantasy that the two parties are engaged in anything other than playing a game to divide public opinion and lead people down two roads to the same destination.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Cain

"Obama says "I'm not a dictator" in response to pleas to forestall or cancel the sequestration.  Clearly, he has manufactured the crisis as so to seize dictatorial control of the country's fiscal policy and so implement Marxist rule"

/Alex Jones

tyrannosaurus vex

Alex Jones is an entire jar of nuts. His buddy David Icke is at least entertaining. Obama is no more a mastermind of impending doom than a cockroach carrying poison back to the colony from a roach trap is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Disagree with RWHN. Not that it isn't a play for votes and attention, but I can't believe that Obama himself is too concerned with who people vote for. If the charade is this plain to see from out here when you pay attention, imagine the degrees of magnitude clearer it is from the inside. There is no reasonable way for me to think the actors in the play of politics don't know the entire thing is scripted, and that they are only putting on a show. Obama and Boener seem to have no trouble agreeing on the "heavier" issues like drone strikes and toothless regulations. When they will cry bloody murder over 0.03% of the federal budget while no one says a word about the fundamental unfairness of the economy and the judicial system, not to mention the terror and destruction exported by every arm of foreign policy, I can't believe there is any genuine rivalry going on at any level.

And that's why they call it a two-man con.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on March 02, 2013, 06:38:31 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 02, 2013, 05:57:25 PM

I can't, anymore, seriously entertain the notion that there is any genuine difference of opinion between Democrats and Republicans at the Federal level. At least, not beyond the level of rivalry a person might have with a chess partner while they're playing a game. Certainly there are differences in approach, rhetoric, and short-term tactics, but given the more or less unbroken trajectory national government takes regardless of which party is in control and the deafening silence on issues like citizen surveillance, automated warfare, warrantless arrests and imprisonment, and even torture, I just can't any longer entertain the fantasy that the two parties are engaged in anything other than playing a game to divide public opinion and lead people down two roads to the same destination.

BINGO

Have you just not been listening to Roger, Cain, ECH and I at all this whole time? Or did you think we were being paranoid kooks?  :lol:

Either way, welcome to the fold.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

Ha. Well I knew it before but I guess I didn't FEEL it til now.

Cain

Now would be a good time to place a bet on US credit ratings getting downgraded in the next year.

Hell, look at the UK, we've followed austerity like champs and even the IMF and Moody's agree it's harming our economy.