Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, February 23, 2013, 12:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 02, 2013, 07:28:35 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 02, 2013, 07:24:50 PM
Quote from: Dalek on March 02, 2013, 09:36:53 AM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 25, 2013, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: Dalek on February 24, 2013, 11:17:36 AM
And I think that everything that gets put out for mass consumption there is just aesthetically off. Compare EU rave culture to US rave culture for example. In the EU from my experience, you have badass clubs, nice girls, people who dress well (generally) and really good music (no need to list all the awesome European DJs). And in the US you have teenagers wearing TOO MUCH FUCKING TACKY COLORFUL SHIT, yelling YOLO MOLLY YOLO MOLLY SKRILLEX. Sorry, America, you're doing it wrong.

To be fair, I think that it one of the most endearing parts. I look around and everything's grey and brown. It's the middle of summer and the trees are green and the sky is blue, but EVERYTHING IS GREY AND BROWN. All the cars are black, gray, white and brown. Christ, it's boring. 

I walk from my work to the bank wearing something like this http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=220592 and I get weird looks for not being grey and brown enough. Sorry for not wearing super serious colors all the time.

That's not tacky colourful shit. This is http://www.loupiote.com/photos/3979954470.shtml

Finally, a purpose for recycled Mardi Gras beads.

There is a whole album of these photos. "Kandi Kids" Best so far? http://www.loupiote.com/photos/2470888966.shtml?s=72157604940284967

All that crap would make me so claustrophobic.

Also, dear Lord, Dalek, I hope that isn't what people in your country really think American youth are like.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Naw, they're far too thin to be Americans.

Remember, for a good 20 years, our perceptions of you were strongly shaped by Jerry Springer and the like.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 02, 2013, 10:14:31 PM
Naw, they're far too thin to be Americans.

Remember, for a good 20 years, our perceptions of you were strongly shaped by Jerry Springer and the like.

Well, that's pretty accurate, to tell the truth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

To be fair, though, I haven't seen a screaming obese woman in skimpy clothes throw a chair in her husband in weeks.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Partum Depression on March 02, 2013, 11:29:31 PM
To be fair, though, I haven't seen a screaming obese woman in skimpy clothes throw a chair in her husband in weeks.

Haven't been getting out much? Or is poor weather keeping them indoors?

Pergamos

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 25, 2013, 05:11:01 PM
This bitch is making my job difficult, by simply not reading my notes that I leave behind for her.
Read my fucking notes, and you will see what this student needs. Instead of bringing me half assed incomplete shit that you think is finished to try and "wrap up".
They're not fucking done, their FAFSA is fucking incorrect. READ MY NOTES. You stupid vapid bitch.

If she is dyslexic I can't blame her for avoiding reading.  Reading sucks for dyslexics.

Sir Squid Diddimus

IT IS PART OF HER JOB!!!!!

ya know?

goupixg6

They are the 99 %, sh**; we're doomed
"Just as little is seen in pure light as in pure darkness." Master Hegel

trippinprincezz13

And I think that everything that gets put out for mass consumption there is just aesthetically off. Compare EU rave culture to US rave culture for example. In the EU from my experience, you have badass clubs, nice girls, people who dress well (generally) and really good music (no need to list all the awesome European DJs). And in the US you have teenagers wearing TOO MUCH FUCKING TACKY COLORFUL SHIT, yelling YOLO MOLLY YOLO MOLLY SKRILLEX. Sorry, America, you're doing it wrong.

To be fair, I think that it one of the most endearing parts. I look around and everything's grey and brown. It's the middle of summer and the trees are green and the sky is blue, but EVERYTHING IS GREY AND BROWN. All the cars are black, gray, white and brown. Christ, it's boring. 

I walk from my work to the bank wearing something like this http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=220592 and I get weird looks for not being grey and brown enough. Sorry for not wearing super serious colors all the time.

That's not tacky colourful shit. This is http://www.loupiote.com/photos/3979954470.shtml

Oh I know what you meant. The hippy dress was more of my complaint about the general blahness of everything out. I've seen the kids like that. It's a bit excessive for me, personally, but it still brightens things up so doesn't bother me none.

Edit: That neon hair one was a bit *YIKES* though usually when I've seen people that done up it's for some party and not as excessive day-to-day. To each their own.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on March 04, 2013, 05:48:42 PM

Oh I know what you meant. The hippy dress was more of my complaint about the general blahness of everything out. I've seen the kids like that. It's a bit excessive for me, personally, but it still brightens things up so doesn't bother me none.

Edit: That neon hair one was a bit *YIKES* though usually when I've seen people that done up it's for some party and not as excessive day-to-day. To each their own.

I get it. There has to be a middle ground.

It's like houses. The local white yahoos are all painting their houses the color of bile or stale pea soup in reaction to a few orange and purple houses owned by Mexicans.
Me, I'd go with something like the "painted ladies" in San Francisco. They'd probably torch it, though: "AH DON'T KNOW WHUT THEM COLORS IS FOR!!!!! BURN IT!!!!!!!"
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Tonight I was at the store and saw another person complaining that she couldn't get hot food with food stamps.

The guys behind the food counter explained that it was the EBT program's rules but they couldn't break them. The lady asked them to mislabel the food as cold product instead of hot. The guys said they couldn't do it. She huffed and got ordered the cold product.

I noticed her iPhone and her fancy manicure. I noticed she and who I assume was her husband were bundled up in layers and heavy coats. I also noticed her two kids, both somewhere between three and five-ish, didn't have coats or more than one layer or shoes and it was below thirty outside. For a Georgian, that's Ice-Age temperatures.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm not sure what the appropriate response is. Mostly I have revulsion. But I don't know the entire story, I just know what I saw.

Mostly, I guess, I'm pondering my reactions to scenes like this. They're becoming incredibly common.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

navkat

I don't know how to untangle that mess. Education is a good place to start.

Ignorance and apathy are swallowing the "middle class," too...wolfing down all the color and hope, positivity and potential blotted out by hopeless self-concern and blindness in broad daylight. Some of those parents simply *can't* empathize or care about their own kids. You could point out the glaringly obvious but they won't see. They'll refuse to see. That's why Nigel can't save the world, no matter how many phonecalls she makes or foster kids she adopts. There'll always be another messed up kid whose parents are sort of...fine with their kid staying in a homeless shelter. I would piss myself not knowing where my kid is and it's quite possible their kid could be raped and murdered for three days before someone thought to ask which parent or friend's house the child was staying at.

Maybe it's too many rats and not enough cheese and now we're starting to eat our young.