News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

I've started writing horrible letters again.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 05, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

My database of addresses, however, is woefully incomplete, however, as I have lost half of it with the old hard drive.

So if you want a letter, sound off and PM me your address.

My head is full of goo; I wish to share it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

I'm game - after replying to your last one I really enjoyed the process and sent a few fucked up missives to my friends.  PM inc.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Do you still have my address? I want in on this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

McGrupp

Sir Squid Diddimus

I haven't received mail from you in a while.
I think I'm due.

The Good Reverend Roger

Letters hit the mail Monday morning.

Be warned.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

I have an umbrella I use just for shit-storms. I haven't received any shit-hail in awhile so HIT ME BABY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Roger,

San Antonio sounds like the kind of place where if you drop a match, everything just goes up in a brilliant haze of flame and smoke and everything, even the people, start to bubble and peel back like the wood-grain plastic veneer on a cheap piece of pressboard furniture. Sometimes everything's like that, and then somehow you end up listening to angel junkies in a place you didn't know they could be, or even should be, and everything is somehow all right.

Except that it ISN'T all right; in fact, everything's tilted a little too far and things are sliding around. Somehow a bit of Portland gets into your Tucson, but then what happens? San Diego in your Portland? Boston in your LA? You start getting things mushed up like that and things start swirling, THE WHOLE THING could end up down the drain before there's time to skin a goat or festoon fish from the trees. A stop must be put, Roger, and I may just be the lady to do it.

But there's a catch.

There's always a catch, isn't there? Things can never just go around being easy, or else everyone would do them and we can't have that. I think that I can't get to Tucson without a sizable chunk of crazy, as camouflage. And I don't have TIME for crazy, anymore, what with trying to keep the Bottom from leaking into Portland. So if I want to get to Tuscon, I have to borrow the crazy and ride in on its back, like I did last time with Mr. Language. That way my city doesn't see me leaving, and your city doesn't see me coming until it's way too late and I'm running down the street in my white dress with a bottle of bourbon in my hand.

So I guess if we want to keep Salt Lake City from turning into a vortex swirl with New Orleans, I'd better start vetting some hipsters. One of 'em has to be crazy enough to serve as a pack mule.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 08, 2013, 07:41:09 PM
Roger,

San Antonio sounds like the kind of place where if you drop a match, everything just goes up in a brilliant haze of flame and smoke and everything, even the people, start to bubble and peel back like the wood-grain plastic veneer on a cheap piece of pressboard furniture. Sometimes everything's like that, and then somehow you end up listening to angel junkies in a place you didn't know they could be, or even should be, and everything is somehow all right.

Except that it ISN'T all right; in fact, everything's tilted a little too far and things are sliding around. Somehow a bit of Portland gets into your Tucson, but then what happens? San Diego in your Portland? Boston in your LA? You start getting things mushed up like that and things start swirling, THE WHOLE THING could end up down the drain before there's time to skin a goat or festoon fish from the trees. A stop must be put, Roger, and I may just be the lady to do it.

But there's a catch.

There's always a catch, isn't there? Things can never just go around being easy, or else everyone would do them and we can't have that. I think that I can't get to Tucson without a sizable chunk of crazy, as camouflage. And I don't have TIME for crazy, anymore, what with trying to keep the Bottom from leaking into Portland. So if I want to get to Tuscon, I have to borrow the crazy and ride in on its back, like I did last time with Mr. Language. That way my city doesn't see me leaving, and your city doesn't see me coming until it's way too late and I'm running down the street in my white dress with a bottle of bourbon in my hand.

So I guess if we want to keep Salt Lake City from turning into a vortex swirl with New Orleans, I'd better start vetting some hipsters. One of 'em has to be crazy enough to serve as a pack mule.

Well, don't wait too long.  My daughter just bought tickets to Seaworld.  We're in a DESERT.

Cuddlefish

I'm totally in. I just love getting snail mail from you weirdos. PM incoming.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

Sorry for the delay, folks.  I've been busy as fuck, and what little time I have is going to LOBB.

I WILL do this.  Just not right this second.