Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Maintenance time.

Old bar thread closed, new one open.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Spend ten minutes searching for a game to join.  Lose connection to the game you finally connect to within five seconds of finding it #firstworldproblems.

Edit: OK, that was a game worth waiting for.  Geth Juggernaut player, you tanked like a champ.  Never seen anything like it.  Could barely see you, given the amount of corpses surrounding you.  You drew aggro, and then you stood there and took it like a...uh, giant, networked AI thing.  No matter how many of them came at you.  You may have gotten the lowest score.  Even lower than the goddamn Volus.  But as far as I'm concerned, you were an awesome team player.

Salty

I can't write about anything but massage now. No rants, no ficiton, no nada. And even the massage writing is meh. I dunno what's wrong.

MEANWHILE, holy fuck, it's amazing what a reasonable amount of opiates does for your perspective. I spent 12 hours just sleeping.

12 hours...of SLEEP. Unfathomable.

Hey guys, you ever feel like you need to pull your head out of your ass even though you're not really shitting in anyone's cereal? Cuz I feel like that all the time recently.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I am definitely feeling a little unmoored. It's as though I've ranted it all out, I don't know how to find that thread anymore. It makes me feel a little distant from this place for some reason.

But you motherfuckers are too fucking cool to walk away from, or go all Charley Brown on anyone, but I have felt unhinged. Usually this place helps me with that, but recently it has made it a bit worse.

It's all this god damned clean living. I wake up at 7am, go to bed at 9-10, eat right, exercise, have fulfilling interpersonal relationships.

WTF? Maybe I just need to STFU and go outside more. It's been a shitty, freezing-ass cold, maybe one weeks worth of snow, winter up here.

Cain

Fulfilling interpersonal relationships are for losers with skinny weiners.

Real men die alone and unloved.  In the cold.  Rain.  At night.

Salty

Quote from: Cain on March 09, 2013, 02:04:31 AM

:lulz:

All right that made me laugh. You're right. I'm going straight out into the mountains, find a cave full of bears and WIN.

Richter

This.  My own take is it's an image of a man secure in himself, taken over the top to assuage any homophobic naysayers

Fiction has a few odd archetypes of the male "Winner".  That alternatives seem to be global domination with benefits or eternal weird fantasy poly space sex.  I'm sure I've missed others. 

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 09, 2013, 01:54:32 AM
I can't write about anything but massage now. No rants, no ficiton, no nada. And even the massage writing is meh. I dunno what's wrong.

MEANWHILE, holy fuck, it's amazing what a reasonable amount of opiates does for your perspective. I spent 12 hours just sleeping.

12 hours...of SLEEP. Unfathomable.

Hey guys, you ever feel like you need to pull your head out of your ass even though you're not really shitting in anyone's cereal? Cuz I feel like that all the time recently.

All I really ever talk about anymore is STATS STATS STATS.

It happens.

Go outside. Sleep. It will come around.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 09, 2013, 02:06:03 AM

:lulz:

All right that made me laugh. You're right. I'm going straight out into the mountains, find a cave full of bears and WIN.

Both of you  :lulz:

I_Kicked_Kennedy

I discovered that if you drink alcohol gluten and sugar free, there is no hangover. I started drinking on the weekdays thinking "Shit. I won."

Then I drank close to an entire bottle of Hendricks Gin, woke up 10 minutes before I had to meet my publisher, and showed up wearing what I thought was a scarf. After 5 minutes of pleasantries, I was asked "Are you ok?" To which, I replied "I really think it would be in both of our best interests if I go somewhere and throw up." He smiled politely, and agreed to go through the patches with me via Skype after I "have had a chance to take a nap."

Woke up in the handicapped bathroom by the executive wing with my cheeks on fire, a towel over my head, and the smell of vomit everywhere. Thank God I had the wherewithal to grab a towel instead of an actual scarf, because it was a bit nasty. Two nights later, rep and I Skype and I apologize for my irresponsibility. He tells me his boss (the Dev) ordered him to keep me "... As drunk as possible. Get [me] on H, if production dips."

What the hell is the matter with these people? The book is about the Tran Dynasty, if you care.

What thread am I in?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

McGrupp

Quote from: Richter on March 09, 2013, 02:53:44 AM

This.  My own take is it's an image of a man secure in himself, taken over the top to assuage any homophobic naysayers

Fiction has a few odd archetypes of the male "Winner".  That alternatives seem to be global domination with benefits or eternal weird fantasy poly space sex.  I'm sure I've missed others.

I'm starting to think this might be the most reasonable place on the internet in disguise.

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on March 09, 2013, 04:52:20 AM
I discovered that if you drink alcohol gluten and sugar free, there is no hangover. I started drinking on the weekdays thinking "Shit. I won."

Then I drank close to an entire bottle of Hendricks Gin, woke up 10 minutes before I had to meet my publisher, and showed up wearing what I thought was a scarf. After 5 minutes of pleasantries, I was asked "Are you ok?" To which, I replied "I really think it would be in both of our best interests if I go somewhere and throw up." He smiled politely, and agreed to go through the patches with me via Skype after I "have had a chance to take a nap."

Woke up in the handicapped bathroom by the executive wing with my cheeks on fire, a towel over my head, and the smell of vomit everywhere. Thank God I had the wherewithal to grab a towel instead of an actual scarf, because it was a bit nasty. Two nights later, rep and I Skype and I apologize for my irresponsibility. He tells me his boss (the Dev) ordered him to keep me "... As drunk as possible. Get [me] on H, if production dips."

What the hell is the matter with these people? The book is about the Tran Dynasty, if you care.

What thread am I in?

Nevermind.