News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 04:56:03 PM
I don't even really like other people's cats. I don't hate them, I'm just not interested in cats. They're gross and germy and needy and demanding.

Some of my friends have cats, and what's really annoying is when they start talking about them. Seriously, people, you are talking about your cats. You are telling stories about things your cats do and how cute they are. Do you hear yourselves? You have been talking about your cats for an hour. You VERY CLEARLY have a brain parasite.

I had to declare a moratorium on talking about cats at my family gatherings.  It got so bad that as time went by at any get together the likelihood of my brother-in-law and my step sister talking about their fucking cats approached 1.

Really?  You cat does this cute thing where it curls up in a sunbeam and stretches out?  You don't say.  YOUR CAT IS A FUCKING CAT?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 19, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
I don't even really like other people's cats. I don't hate them, I'm just not interested in cats. They're gross and germy and needy and demanding.

Some of my friends have cats, and what's really annoying is when they start talking about them. Seriously, people, you are talking about your cats. You are telling stories about things your cats do and how cute they are. Do you hear yourselves? You have been talking about your cats for an hour. You VERY CLEARLY have a brain parasite.

I had to declare a moratorium on talking about cats at my family gatherings.  It got so bad that as time went by at any get together the likelihood of my brother-in-law and my step sister talking about their fucking cats approached 1.

Really?  You cat does this cute thing where it curls up in a sunbeam and stretches out?  You don't say.  YOUR CAT IS A FUCKING CAT?

That's just it, they talk about all these things that cats do as if they're somehow special and interesting. I don't talk about, say, things my chickens do as if they're special and interesting, because they're chickens and all chickens basically do the same things.

I will tell you three interesting things about my cat:

...oh wait, no I won't, because there isn't anything.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 05:27:09 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 19, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

That's just it, they talk about all these things that cats do as if they're somehow special and interesting. I don't talk about, say, things my chickens do as if they're special and interesting, because they're chickens and all chickens basically do the same things.

I will tell you three interesting things about my cat:

...oh wait, no I won't, because there isn't anything.

:lulz:

I really don't get the fascination with cat's either. They're fun to play with but then they just randomly wander off in the middle of it (because they're kinda stupid). Yeah, it's funny to watch a cat deliberately knock something over. But cat's are assholes. That's what they do, again, on account of stupid.

I hate that the internet is 60% stupid shit about cats, and 40% pictures of one specific ugly looking cat.

I hate when people share that pic that says "I have a machine that fits in my pocket and allows me to access all human knowledge. I use it to look at cats and make snarky comments" and then they go "Hahaha, this is totally what I do, I love my 5 cats, here's a picture of my cat."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

I don't even really like other people's kids. I don't hate them, I'm just not interested in kids. They're gross and germy and needy and demanding.

Fixt

Also, I could go on and on, pages if need be, about how much more better cats are than dogs. Pages.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

So, controlled detonations are planned for Cambridge/Somerville line and some parts of Boston.

I'm guessing that means there are bombs all over the fucking place.

Nephew Twiddleton

Correction, just Cambridge-Somerville, thus far. Also, this is totally the wrong thread, isn't it?

Salty

QuoteBut cats are assholes.

YES. You know what I say about assholes...

While I prefer them overall, I must admit people that talk about their cats make me want to shove my face into a something...choppy...chop chop. I got nothing, didn't have my peppermint tea this morning.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on April 19, 2013, 05:52:01 PM
QuoteBut cats are assholes.

YES. You know what I say about assholes...

While I prefer them overall, I must admit people that talk about their cats make me want to shove my face into a something...choppy...chop chop. I got nothing, didn't have my peppermint tea this morning.

:lulz:

It's really the pictures more than anything. I can scan past a stupid status, or zone out if they're talking.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Salty

Pardon me, but could you all keep that to the one thread?

Thank you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: stelz on April 19, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 19, 2013, 05:51:55 PM
Correction, just Cambridge-Somerville, thus far. Also, this is totally the wrong thread, isn't it?

It's the talk about anything thread.
Have some Beck.  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
http://www.politicususa.com/glenn-beck-calls-obamas-impeachment-boston-terrorist-attack.html

QuoteGlenn Beck always did have a better imagination than Rush Limbaugh.

:horrormirth:

Sita

People talking about their pets all the time is as annoying as people talking about their kids all the time.
I will say that nothing brightens my mood better than cute/silly/stupid cat videos.

I've had cats, dogs and gerbils. Currently have two cats. They are very unimpressive and rarely do anything worthy of taking a picture of.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

LMNO

My albino snake was my favorite pet (surprisingly, that's not a euphamism).

My cat is a cat.  She's an asshole.  End of story.