News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 07:55:49 PM
Quote from: Payne on April 29, 2013, 07:54:52 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

Though I may need to depart again soon to undertake domestic chores.

It's hard to get false slack past Pixie.

Eating is no excuse.  I just strap a feed bag on my face and hork down while I say rotten shit to people.  I don't need my mouth to type (though it IS more efficient that way).

Pixie has found a different use for all the strapping on bits of my feed bag... :( / :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 29, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

Eating is no excuse.  I just strap a feed bag on my face and hork down while I say rotten shit to people.  I don't need my mouth to type (though it IS more efficient that way).

Pixie has found a different use for all the strapping on bits of my feed bag... :( / :D

:banana:

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Ugh.  Just wrote a letter to one of my bands (dontchewcords) about all the tension and drama we're (well, the bass player) is going through.  We're not breaking up or anything, but bickering and bitter snark isn't the reason I joined the band.

That's what I have PD for.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 29, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
Ugh.  Just wrote a letter to one of my bands (dontchewcords) about all the tension and drama we're (well, the bass player) is going through.  We're not breaking up or anything, but bickering and bitter snark isn't the reason I joined the band.

That's what I have PD for.

Choke on vomit.  That will show the bastards.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I was eating.

It happens.

damn straight on the false slack. Today i drew up a rota for new flatmate, payne and myself, did the monthly bills calculation and a little space to say if it's been paid, and a who paid how much on the prepayment electric meter.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on April 29, 2013, 09:09:37 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

damn straight on the false slack. Today i drew up a rota for new flatmate, payne and myself, did the monthly bills calculation and a little space to say if it's been paid, and a who paid how much on the prepayment electric meter.

Prepayment electric meter?

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 09:30:31 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

there's a little electronic stick you take to the store to buy electric. They make poor people have them in the UK.  Was here when we moved in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on April 29, 2013, 09:49:41 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

there's a little electronic stick you take to the store to buy electric. They make poor people have them in the UK.  Was here when we moved in.

Wow.  Your country is almost as fucked as ours is.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Only they get an actual stick and not a metaphorical one with shit on the end.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2013, 09:59:59 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

But but but!

It's kind enough to beep at you very quietly to let you know when you're about to run out of money!

And and and!

They only charge you sliiiiiightly more per kilowatt/hour if you run out of credit.

Quote from: Payne on April 29, 2013, 10:03:41 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

But but but!

It's kind enough to beep at you very quietly to let you know when you're about to run out of money!

And and and!

They only charge you sliiiiiightly more per kilowatt/hour if you run out of credit.

I ain't never heard of such a thing. Unless you count the extra fee people in certain income brackets have to pay to get their utilities turned on in the first place.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 29, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

But but but!

And and and!

I ain't never heard of such a thing. Unless you count the extra fee people in certain income brackets have to pay to get their utilities turned on in the first place.
prepayment meters have been a thing as long as i remember. I remember my mum getting a rebate every quarter ALL IN 50  PENCE PIECES. you can get gas ones too. Ahh, growing up in poverty.

it'll cost a massive deposit fee to get it switched to a normal meter.

Quote from: Pixie on April 29, 2013, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 29, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
I was eating.

It happens.

But but but!

And and and!

prepayment meters have been a thing as long as i remember. I remember my mum getting a rebate every quarter ALL IN 50  PENCE PIECES. you can get gas ones too. Ahh, growing up in poverty.

it'll cost a massive deposit fee to get it switched to a normal meter.

O.o I believe it. Can't have you people skipping on the bill, after all.