Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Today did not suck. I had trouble waking up, even though I went to bed at a decent time (for me), but otherwise it was fairly awesome.

Got done at work early, had dinner out, had plenty of hot water for the shower and now my laundry going . . . have several projects to work on and a great book to read. I am taking slow, deep breaths and enjoying this.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Lenin McCarthy

Polish rectified spirit with 95% alcohol in it is STRONG. I fell asleep, woke up at 7 am, can't sleep any more.
Keeping somewhat sober (and awake) is probably the ideal thing when you're hosting a party, but I don't think anyone puked or crushed anything so I was lucky.

Oh well. There's something brown-ish that looks like puke on the bathroom floor. But anyway, my friends are unusually well-behaved.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just spent an evening getting drunk with my ex-boyfriend, who is both crazy and enamoured of a chick who is never going to work out for him. I feel... unsettled. I wish E.O.T. was here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Freeky

I left my sleeping pills out in the car, second time in this week.  Not sure if wantt that badly, this is not a particularly nice neighborhood and my car is not parked in sight of my house.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, so now that it is not buttfuck-thirty in the morning (and if you feel like pointing out that it is, in fact, seven-something AM on a Saturday morning and that qualifies as buttfuck-thirty in the morning for most of you, SHUT UP I was born this way), I am musing about how I am, perhaps unjustifiably, annoyed with people who tell me that I have "plenty of time" and "might discover something that completely changes" my mind about my academic trajectory. They note, accurately, that I haven't even started upper-division classes.

I feel like people are flashing back to when they were 19 and in college, and how everything was so fucking new and amazing and four years was a long fucking time. I think it's a totally accurate thing to say to a 19-year-old. And derp, I KNOW that I might encounter something I love so much over the course of the next year and a half that I COMPLETELY CHANGE MY MIND about what I want to do.

HOWEVER.

At almost-42 not only have I already had some exposure to most of the concepts I'm studying, but also TIME PASSES LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. I mean, I just started school maybe three weeks ago and all of a sudden I'm halfway done with my undergrad. If I want to change my major I had better get on it in the next five minutes, because otherwise it might slip my mind and then I'll be done and it will be too late.

And, yeah, actually I do know what program I want to get into and what I need to do to make that happen, and here's the suck part; it's THE ONLY program of its kind in my area, and because I'm a settled adult with kids and I can't move, I don't really have the option of applying to, say, the next five neuroscience programs of my choice. So when I'm talking about backup plans, I mean, "programs I can do locally that will be pale, disappointing alternatives if I don't get into OHSU".

Which, frankly, sucks. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, hungover statistics homework sucks even more than normal statistics homework, and about a million times moreso because the FUCKING HOMEWORK SOFTWARE WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN BY ASSHOLES who for some reason assume that I'm doing each problem one step at a time and rounding in an unspecified manner each step of the way LIKE A FUCKING MORON rather than plugging the whole equation into my Classpad, which they CLEARLY KNOW EVERY STUDENT HAS because the final step involves using the probability function, which means that even though my z is COMPLETELY FUCKING ACCURATE the software thinks it isn't due to UNSPECIFIED ROUNDING FUCKING STUPIDITY.

FUCK THIS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Academics is fun.

I have to provide an academic referee for my application.  Given I've been out of the academic world for five years, this may be....tricky.  I've found one of my old professors, working in South Korea, and I may drop him an email.  He'd be a good choice, he taught on the particular subject I want to study, he taught me in my final year, and did his PhD at the University I want to go to.

Unfortunately, that was, as I said, five years ago.  I'll drop him an email and see if he's willing to vouch for me, before putting in my application.  If not, I have a couple of other suitable choices...but urgh.  And since they may not remember me, I may need to provide a sample piece of work, just to prove I'm not a complete moron.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I certainly do like the learning part.

THE REST OF IT CAN SUCK MY DICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, my favorite is when I get unsolicited advice from people I regard as more or less complete failures in life. I'm like, are you serious? Because when I wanted help with this I asked someone I admire.

Cain

Lenin McCarthy

Today I started making plans for starting an independent record shop. It's absofuckinglutely unrealistic, but a goal that might just help me get through the last three months of high school, which I've been lacking motivation for completely lately.

Salty

LMT's are some of the dumbest, mealy-mouthed, soft-minded, wishy-washy, nosy, over-opinionated, under-educated, overconfident, SLACKJAWED, SHITFUCKING UNRELIABLE DUMBASSES ON THE PLANET!

HAAAAAAA!

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 09, 2013, 10:17:19 PM
Today I started making plans for starting an independent record shop. It's absofuckinglutely unrealistic, but a goal that might just help me get through the last three months of high school, which I've been lacking motivation for completely lately.

That's badass, man. Goals.like that make the difference sometimes, plus some people never even try shit.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel