News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 09, 2013, 10:17:19 PM
Today I started making plans for starting an independent record shop. It's absofuckinglutely unrealistic, but a goal that might just help me get through the last three months of high school, which I've been lacking motivation for completely lately.

I dated a guy briefly last year who runs a record shop. It's doing well enough to support him and he's happy as a clam.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

YOU PEOPLE ARE RUINING PD!

(No, seriously, THAT needs to be a "core values" newsfeed item)

I_Kicked_Kennedy

I don't intend to ruin PD, but I gave up nicotine for Lent and I'm not even Catholic.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

navkat

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on March 10, 2013, 03:10:31 AM

I don't intend to ruin PD, but I gave up nicotine for Lent and I'm it even Catholic.

Fucking autocorrect. AMIRITE?

I_Kicked_Kennedy

I edited it, so now people will think you were trying to make me look like a nincompoop.

Where's your Latter Day Buddha, now?!
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

So my evening has consisted of working with a colleague to write a formal "fuck you" response to some legislation that has been offered up by the Guv.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be asked to read the reponse at the hearing this week.  Should be fun since the Guv himself is supposed to be there.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on March 10, 2013, 03:28:39 AM
I edited it, so now people will think you were trying to make me look like a nincompoop.

Where's your Latter Day Buddha, now?!

You're it...even CATHOLIC.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Soooooo . . . I MAY be a complete sad sack. I just spent the last two hours organizing my crochet pattern pdfs . . . as a way to de-stress. It's five AM.

Pretty sure it's muumuus and fuzzy navels over bridge and cribbage at the HOA clubhouse from here on in.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

EK WAFFLR

I dead tired. Organising kink-conferences is hard work. But it was a roaring success. Huzzah!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

Well, my ex-professor does remember me, based on the line I can see of his email without opening it in Gmail.

Now, I just need a coffee or two to work up the nerve to open it...

Junkenstein

I'd be surprised if it's not pleasant news.

Count of Monte Cristo printed and bound in covers labelled "ISO 9001 STANDARDS GUIDE"

I've been re-reading this all morning snarling at any who approach. This is going to radically increase the amount of time I have to read.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Juana

The consul general of Israel is at my university today, and I'm going to the reception thing for them. Not sure what's going to be talked about, but we'll see.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just ditched my yoga class and signed up for online writing instead.

It means I'll be taking 17 credits next term, but FFS I just don't see the value in taking 50 minutes of yoga 3 times a week when I could get the same workout just by walking to school. And if I take yoga, I'll more or less be forced to drive because it's "bring your own mat" and I'd need a change of clothes as well.

I'll try this online thing. Hopefully it won't be too much of a drain.