News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 11, 2013, 02:50:32 PM
I'd be surprised if it's not pleasant news.

Twas indeed.  Just need to scan some documents for him.  Also, and I find this amusing, I emailed him almost a full day after my boss.  He lives in Seoul, my boss lives 40 minutes away.  Still no reply from my boss.

Right now though, I'm putting my time to good use: by making the tards on BSN cry.  "You can't use the Geth Plasma Shotgun off-host.  It'll lag."  Top of the scoreboard, against those tricksy little Collector bastards, three times in a row, says you're all wrong.  OK, so freezing them before hand isn't sporting, but, guess what?  Its called "clever use of game mechanics".

Suck it, you Harrier and Claymore worshipping idiots.

Junkenstein

I'd forgotten how much I love the count. The original Keyzer Soze.

Nice going as well Cain.

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 11, 2013, 03:19:06 PM
The consul general of Israel is at my university today, and I'm going to the reception thing for them. Not sure what's going to be talked about, but we'll see.

I hope you asked some really fucking difficult questions about the wall and settler compounds. Those guys are like Texas rednecks, just Hebrew. If he's not related to one, try and get him on the record about them being fucking crazy. It seems the general consensus of those in developed areas but there's very little negative statements from high up.

And tell him Bassem was your friend.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Juana

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 11, 2013, 06:28:48 PM
The consul general of Israel is at my university today, and I'm going to the reception thing for them. Not sure what's going to be talked about, but we'll see.

I hope you asked some really fucking difficult questions about the wall and settler compounds. Those guys are like Texas rednecks, just Hebrew. If he's not related to one, try and get him on the record about them being fucking crazy. It seems the general consensus of those in developed areas but there's very little negative statements from high up.

I want to. We have a pretty large Palestinian population here, so they might have me beat on that front if they elect to show. We'll see.

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
Or, you could ask the Consul-General if he is balancing himself in this talk.
:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday.

No matter who you are, no matter how talented you are or how much you've accomplished in the culinary world...

you are NEVER too good to jam the blade of a mandolin slicer 3/4 of an inch into the fat pad of your thumb.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Balls Wellington on March 12, 2013, 04:49:05 PM

No matter who you are, no matter how talented you are or how much you've accomplished in the culinary world...

you are NEVER too good to jam the blade of a mandolin slicer 3/4 of an inch into the fat pad of your thumb.

This is getting silly.  First Waffle and his buddy compete to see who can slice the biggest chunk off of their respective hands, and now this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 11, 2013, 06:38:54 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on March 11, 2013, 06:28:48 PM

I want to. We have a pretty large Palestinian population here, so they might have me beat on that front if they elect to show. We'll see.

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
Or, you could ask the Consul-General if he is balancing himself in this talk.
:lulz:
Shook hands with the consul general before being shuffled away by teachers who wanted him to pay attention to students with an interested in Jewish history. And then had to leave before I could ask him awkward questions. d:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm terrified of those things, for that reason.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today I found out that my writing professor knows Alison Gopnik.

<sound of Nigel geeking out>
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I just shrieked inside my head.  FUCKING FUCK.  :eek:

East Coast Hustle

Luckily, it was a clean cut. I taped it back together pretty tightly. Hopefully it will heal before the tip of my thumb goes necrotic from lack of circulation.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on March 13, 2013, 12:18:55 AM
Luckily, it was a clean cut. I taped it back together pretty tightly. Hopefully it will heal before the tip of my thumb goes necrotic from lack of circulation.

GHARGH.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, I have learned that if you stay ahead of your homework all term, when you get to finals week there isn't really all that much to do. I turned in my writing assignment this morning and now I'm done with that class. I'm done with my psych reading and am waiting for the big review for a chance to comb the book and take notes, so mostly all there is to do now is stats homework. I am a little worried about stats, because I have been holding a weak A for most of the class. I think I could have pushed it up to a middling A at the second midterm, but I was sick and just barely got 90%.

SO ANYWAY.

I am going to try out taking three classes face to face and one easy class online, which nips my remaining time in school down by quite a bit, which actually makes it possible to take more classes than I was originally planning on taking, which means that I can take trig and calc after all, yay!