News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't care.  I had to take an extra sleeping pill last night, so I'm full of Holy™.  Which means the board is dead.

:lulz:

It ALWAYS works that way.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I'm taking a nap at my desk, since the Holiness™ demands either manic ranting or sleep.

Salty

Today is, essentially, my Sunday. I usually spend it making sure family has yogurt, barreling past sweaty Republicans at the Costco. Today I watch Courage The Cowardly Dog with my son, he likes scary stuff a lot but not by himself.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

Richter and I, as well as Navyguy and a mutual friend, attacked the local Indochinese place with great fervor last night. This is one of those places that give a disclaimer on their menu that their food is authentic, and not what you get at "normal" Chinese Restaurants. So, after starting OFF with pickled Thai green chiles, we moved on to the Cambodian Nime Chow and some Thai wings and shrimp and then whatever entrees we decided to order and inflict upon each other.

I'm pretty sure the Vietcong are currently moving through my intestines, and I haven't quite felt "right" since that pepper.

We regret nothing. NOTHING.

In other news, school is making me want to fucking kill myself. Why the FUCK am I doing this again?

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2013, 01:18:33 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 14, 2013, 01:51:36 AM
Does anyone know what Essex is like? Is it a nice place?

Edit: There's a chance I may be moving to the UK

Depends where in Essex you're looking at.  It does have a bit of a reputation in the UK for being our version of New Jersey and Florida all rolled into one, but it's not an entirely fair depiction.  Colchester, for example, is quite nice, especially once you learn which pubs the soldiers and students go drinking in.

Basildon, I don't know much about it. I am hoping for low crime, pensioners style area...
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Crime is dropping the area - mostly petty theft and antisocial behaviour.  From what I know of it, it's mostly a commuter town for London - so often young families move there from out of the city, for more affordable housing and better quality of living.  New Town has a bit of a rep for being unpleasant, and it's not exactly a pretty place - lots of concrete, not much else. 

But it's not, for example, Glasgow.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on April 15, 2013, 10:57:48 PM
Crime is dropping the area - mostly petty theft and antisocial behaviour.  From what I know of it, it's mostly a commuter town for London - so often young families move there from out of the city, for more affordable housing and better quality of living.  New Town has a bit of a rep for being unpleasant, and it's not exactly a pretty place - lots of concrete, not much else. 

But it's not, for example, Glasgow.

Doesn't sound so bad. Kind of what I was hoping for really.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

tyrannosaurus vex

What is the best way to tell your significant other:

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER FUCKING DOG. OR A CAT. OR ANYTHING THAT EATS, SHITS, SMELLS FUNNY, LEAVES HAIR ON THINGS, OR NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION. WE ALREADY HAVE 3 PETS, AND I DON'T EVEN WANT THEM AROUND MOST OF THE TIME.

But, you know, politely?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: V3X on April 15, 2013, 11:34:49 PM

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER FUCKING DOG. OR A CAT. OR ANYTHING THAT EATS, SHITS, SMELLS FUNNY, LEAVES HAIR ON THINGS, OR NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION. WE ALREADY HAVE 3 PETS, AND I DON'T EVEN WANT THEM AROUND MOST OF THE TIME.

But, you know, politely?

Have you tried not being V3X?  It'll probably go much smoother that way.   :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

But, you know, politely?

"No."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 16, 2013, 12:01:54 AM

But, you know, politely?

"No."

Seems reasonable on the surface, sure, but somehow I say "No" and she hears "You're not allowed to have anything, ever, and I hate your haircut."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO