News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Richter on April 05, 2013, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2013, 09:49:07 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 04, 2013, 09:47:17 PM
Turkies can still bite you after you cut off their heads, fyi.

That's fucked.

No, for real.  That shit is WRONG.  Even zombies die when you whack their heads off.

Turkeys are winged ratfuck horrors.  Mean bastards, they can beat your ass with a flap of their wings.  Seriously, they can break your arm.

Standard turkey hunt procedure is to hide behind a tree and HOPE the turkey walks in front of you.  When it does, blow it's damn head off.  Your now-headless thanksgiving dinner will bolt.  Go catch it.

Turkey was pretty chill. The kitten on the street was all HOILY FUCK ISSA DINOSOAR! but turkey didn't give a fuck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So unbelievably tired. Oh my god.

Chemistry, it turns out, is my easy class this term.

Thinking seriously about changing my major to biology, not because I don't love psychology, it's still my favorite subject, but to be more competitive on my grad school application. And then I have thoughts like maybe I should just take an extra year and double major, but that's a whole extra year. I wouldn't start grad school until fall 2016. Although, really, I'm not sure it matters, I'm going to be 50 by the time I graduate anyway.

Or, I could continue the track I'm on, apply to the NGP, and if I'm not accepted for 2015 I can change to the double major in psych and bio and reapply for 2016.

Meh.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

I want to go back to school.  I miss Chemistry. My brain is rotting at this job. 

I can't even calculus anymore and I want to verb everything.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mome Papess Trivial on April 05, 2013, 04:45:18 AM
I want to go back to school.  I miss Chemistry. My brain is rotting at this job. 

I can't even calculus anymore and I want to verb everything.

:lulz:

I do like school. Except for the quarterly game of "can I head off foreclosure?" and being poor as fuck all the time.

But if I can make it through, I get to be a researcher for the rest of my life, and that honestly sounds AWESOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Picked up some sort of cold/flu thing. Still gone to work. Woe betide any fool who calls in sick today. I'm 400 miles from home and sick and STILL HERE.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

I had 142 unread emails this morning.

Nobody should have to put up with that.  Almost all of them are cc'd.  So I erased everything.  If it's important, they'll call.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

That sounds like my email account.

I get, on average, about 90 "conversations" in Outlook on a week day, so probably closer to 150 emails, back and forth.  Over half have nothing to do with me.  I always love getting emails about how "there is cake for all the staff in the common room" for example.  Yeah, because that's only a two mile walk for me.  I really needed that information.  And please tell me more about the company Tumblr!  I'd troll the damn thing, if anyone actually ever read it.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Richter on April 05, 2013, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2013, 09:49:07 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 04, 2013, 09:47:17 PM
Turkies can still bite you after you cut off their heads, fyi.

That's fucked.

No, for real.  That shit is WRONG.  Even zombies die when you whack their heads off.

Turkeys are winged ratfuck horrors.  Mean bastards, they can beat your ass with a flap of their wings.  Seriously, they can break your arm.

Standard turkey hunt procedure is to hide behind a tree and HOPE the turkey walks in front of you.  When it does, blow it's damn head off.  Your now-headless thanksgiving dinner will bolt.  Go catch it.

What? No way!  You just get well camouflaged and stay very still since they see very well, and use a box call to make the  scratchy 'rrrrrraaah rah rah rah rah' sound that the hen makes.  You do that every couple minutes, and if there's any toms in the area then you will hear a 'gobblegobblegobble' from some distance away in the trees.  You call back and forth, and the gobbles get closer and closer until you see him emerge strutting with his chest all puffed out, and his feathers spread in anticipation of sweet turkey lovin', and BLAM! His 'mort' isn't as 'petite' as he was expecting, and you've got one more beard for your collection that disgusts your wife.

Turkey hunting is fun.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 05, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
Picked up some sort of cold/flu thing. Still gone to work. Woe betide any fool who calls in sick today. I'm 400 miles from home and sick and STILL HERE.

What do you do for a living again?  I always kinda assumed you worked in oil, up on a rig in the North Sea or something.

Juana

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2013, 03:34:25 PM

I get, on average, about 90 "conversations" in Outlook on a week day, so probably closer to 150 emails, back and forth.  Over half have nothing to do with me.  I always love getting emails about how "there is cake for all the staff in the common room" for example.  Yeah, because that's only a two mile walk for me.  I really needed that information.  And please tell me more about the company Tumblr!  I'd troll the damn thing, if anyone actually ever read it.
Trolling tumblr is the best. There are so many vegans to fuck with.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

And they basically troll themselves.

SO TIRED. Hardly slept last night.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 05, 2013, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2013, 03:34:25 PM

Trolling tumblr is the best. There are so many vegans to fuck with.

I told one to STFU on facebook the other day, and I'd BE vegan if we had decent food options around here. They're essentially evangelicals.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2013, 03:20:17 PM
I had 142 unread emails this morning.

Nobody should have to put up with that.  Almost all of them are cc'd.  So I erased everything.  If it's important, they'll call.

That reminds me, I should probably check  my email.

A month or so ago, it broke so that I can't reply to anything I get. I kind of like it that way.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm writing my husband's book, now! (two other writers and a contract being cancelled later)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 05, 2013, 05:11:58 PM
I'm writing my husband's book, now! (two other writers and a contract being cancelled later)

This sounds like a good thing? But I can't really understand it so I'm not sure.